Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally installed the new headlights. Have to say that they are pretty cool! I added V-LED's V3 Triton Switchbacks, Hylux Xenon Ballasts, Morimoto D2H 5k HIDs in the low beams, and Phillips Extreme Vision H7 in the high beam. The LED strips are not connected yet as I want them as the DRL's also. I'm going to Lightwerkz to have them adjust as they are way too low right now.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Those look great. I also really like the black on the hood. That is sharp. I was actually thinking about using Plasti-Dip on my hood like that and then do the entire roof. I just installed the aero cross bars and a rhino rack up top and my thought was that if I dip the roof it will protect it from rust or water drops from the rack and make it more manageable then trying to wax the roof under the rack.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This looks great. I would like to install projectors on my limited. I feel like they will be offered from the factory soon enough.

·
Registered
35 Posts
LED headlights are coming I was told for the 2018 model Crosstrek. The Impreza, Forester, Legacy, and Outback are getting LED's for 2017. The concept pics are out from Subaru, so the redesign of the Crosstrek will have LED headlights. I have a 2016, and going to wait and see. I was going to change out the entire headlight assembly and go with HID's but I will wait a year and see what the 2018 model brings. I did change the C bulbs to LED, all interior lights, and the license plate bulbs to LED. I read and see pics. of Alla lighting 80 watt 2504 fog light led bulbs, and people say they are very bright and work great for a fog light. I only use my fog's when it is dark and foggy, rainy, snow, etc. Normal dry conditions I don't use them, I did change my headlights to Philips Xtreme vision H11 low beam bulbs, they are brighter then stock but not by much.

·
Registered
15 Posts
How did you wire the DRLs? As I understand it, they use split voltage to light the High-Beams as DRLs. Were you able to separate the DRL circuit and power your switchbacks with it?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How did you wire the DRLs? As I understand it, they use split voltage to light the High-Beams as DRLs. Were you able to separate the DRL circuit and power your switchbacks with it?
The switchbacks have a separate controller that comes with the lights.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Were these off the shelf headlamps? I am working on a retrofit for my 2016, because I have not found any off-the-shelf projector headlamps.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Does anyone know if the h1 halogen high beam projector can be swapped with the mini h1 hid projector ? If I get these headlamps, I've thought about swapping the halogen h1 high beam projector with the mini h1 hid projector, since I'm thinking of going with a quad hid projector system.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Does anyone know if the h1 halogen high beam projector can be swapped with the mini h1 hid projector ? If I get these headlamps, I've thought about swapping the halogen h1 high beam projector with the mini h1 hid projector, since I'm thinking of going with a quad hid projector system.
No need to swap projectors. I have a D2H HID setup for the low beams and I'm using halogen for the high.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts