Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
New here and have a desire to do a little research before buying.

I also have some questions I will try to put in the proper forums.

I basically need a gas economical 4x4 to get me to and from work once we move into our new home. I have a steep (16% in places) long loose rock driveway and a round trip of 70 miles until I retire in 5 or 6 years. Looking at possibly a 2013 to 16 but like the new changes in the 2018s and up. Not too sure I want direct injection though unless I put on a PCV breather oil catch can. Not too sure what trim level would best work off road better either.

My current cars are

2009 Dodge Ram Power Wagon
2001 Jeep WJ V8 Grand Cherokee with quadra drive.
2000 Acura Integra coup. Soon to find another home I hope.

I'm thinking I can / will find a Subaru Crosstrek that will suite my needs and budget.

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
Welcome to the club!

The CVT is better for low-speed off-road use, and even includes hill descent control. However, without modification, the AWD system is a bit lacking compared to the 6MT's AWD system response.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry all but I decided to get a Subaru Outback limited. I just wanted the extra space to carry things. Same basic car though.

·
Registered
361 Posts
We have a 2018 limited crosstrek and a 2019 premiere outback.
I’m still trying to decide which is better.
We certainly didn’t want two outback’s.
Good choice 👍

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Folks, I'm new to this forum. We bought a 2020 Crosstrek in June and love it. I'm looking to get advice on things like the best crossbar system, wheels for snow tires, snowtires, etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts