Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://subaru-maps.com/

There is an app and new maps to download on your laptop. the app then transfers to a usb key that automatically transfers and updates your built in Tom Tom GPS
New TomTom maps are 8439.68 MB so you need a usb key at least that big.
You need to idle your car for up to an hour.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I used a 64GB 3.0 USB thumb drive. Way more capacity than needed; 16 GB should be fine. USB 3.0 is just faster than 2.0, but it’s what I had.
Took about 20 – 25-min to download and transfer to the thumb drive. Then about 20-min to load. This step was not intuitive. I looked for a menu option but didn’t find anything. Finally just plugged it into one of the open ports. At that point the prompts on the screen were easy to follow. In about 20-min I was done. Didn’t loose my favorite locations but do have to re-program the radio.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didn’t actually time anything but rather deferred to Subaru’s guidance. I liked that when I plugged the USB device into my head unit it went right away to doing the upgrade after asking permission

·
Registered
15 Posts
This update is just for 2018's with the new headunit (Crosstrek, Impreza, Outback, Legacy). I'm working on a how-to video for it, will post a link when I get it done.

Did anyone else have it pause for like 5-6 minutes when it got to step 8? It could just be that my flash drive is USB 2.0 but it has happened on all 4 cars I've done the update on.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yes, #8 is a big update, and after it says 100%, you still have to wait a few more minutes for it to complete. Just takes a little patience...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts