Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all... I am a new member from Central NY (near Syracuse, NY). This is my first Subaru but I have been participating in a lot of TSD rallies with a friend in his Forester XT, so I am very familiar with them. I have been rallying for over 40 years and autocrossed, ice raced and been involved with motorsports for about the same amount of time. The rest of the fleet consists of a Dodge Dakota pickup truck, Volvo S60, and a 1966 MGB currently under restoration. I am now retired from the biggest brewery in Onondaga County and enjoying life.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Welcome!

My dad and I restored a 74 (and a half) MGB 8 years back, my aunt bought it new, let it sit for a couple decades and then turned it over to us! Starts right up every season... Ziebart rustproofing saved its life. Post some pics of your XV and the MG as well.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Welcome, rallyace, glad to have you aboard. It sounds like you have some decent experience with Subarus, though never owning one. The Forester XT is a really cool vehicle, too, I almost got a used one before going with the Crosstrek.

Any plans for mods on the Crosstrek? Also, we always love if you post pictures.

Thanks for signing up!

·
Registered
820 Posts
Welcome to the Club! Sounds like you've been living a good life! Ice racing sounds like something I would love to do. I'd love to hear some of those stories!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts