Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Koblenz / Germany!

My Name is Josef and I own a Subaru XV Diesel since July 2013. I rode an Forester Diesel before and I like this engine, which is the same with the XV. Subaru is a little bit "Exotic" here, but you can see more and more now... :)

I am glad to be a member in this forum now - please excuse my bad english.

Best Regards from the Rhineland!

·
Registered
714 Posts
Man I'm jealous! Wish we got the diesel in the US. Sounds like the Forester will be getting it first in a year or two here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, I thought you could get it there too...
The Diesel is very powerful - but it has no gear reduction (correct definition?). But a lot of power with low rpm... 8)

·
Registered
714 Posts
Not quite yet. Unfortunately the US does not use small diesels like the rest of the world. They're just starting to get a following here. They cost quite a bit due to different emission requirements and testing needed to have a production diesel in the US.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Wilkommen stormcloud!

Surely you will enjoy your XV. Let us know how she does in the snow this winter.

Tchus

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Welcome to the site, stormcloud! Your English is 100 times better than my German if that is any consolation to you! I am jealous of your diesel XV, as well. I feel like by the time the US decides to adapt diesel engines, the rest of the world will be moving on to something better.

Thanks for joining!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Welcome Josef,

It must be great Crosstreking along the Rhine! I bought my Crosstrek in July too.. I think we made good decisions..Glad to have you aboard!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you so much for your Welcome!

To ride along the Rhine or the Mosel is really a dream. Beside, there are small valleys and dirt roads - ideal for Subaru AWD :)
Even in Wintertime it is a great fun: Switch off the little electronic helper VDCS and go on.... I like it!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pictures? ???

Soon - I am a little bit busy....
I try to take some pictures in the next days, OK?

Best Regards

1 - 13 of 13 Posts