Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Welcoem, CrissCross, I love the name.

We all think the Crosstrek is an awesome vehicle, but of course we are all a little bit biased ;). Please feel free to post up as many questions as you may have about the XV before you (hopefully) purchase one.

Thanks for signing up!

·
Registered
800 Posts
Welcome CrissCrossAppleSauce!

If you are looking for more information, you came to the right place! One of the things I love about this forum is how generous members are with photographing all their modifications. Nothing like being able to see exactly what something would look like on your crosstrek before trying it yourself.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Welcome to the club! You have made a great choice in both a vehicle and the chance to get insight into the XV's. We are a group of enthusiastic owners that share an interest in a superbly designed vehicle. We have modified and added..... learned, searched and discovered.... shared our preferences and likes and dislikes.

Look around... surf through the threads and enjoy ! Post up your Q's and Im sure you will get your answers.

Again... welcome!

·
Registered
820 Posts
Welcome CCAS! That name makes me go gangsta rapper- Criss Cross Apple Sauce, don't mess with me, cause I'm the boss! uh, maybe not :eek:. Anyway, enjoy the site ;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so i went out on a test drive today in a 5 speed and i'm pretty excited. the car felt pretty good although initially the car didnt feel as if it accelerates as quickly as my 2005 impreza. the drive however was very enjoyable and as long as i'm not intending on drag racing, i think the car performs well.

some questions i had that i didnt get to experience while driving...

what are your experiences with the car in bad weather? I'm pretty confident with subaru's handling in snow/rain but have any of you felt excessive swaying in the car when its windy? i've had such experiences in a 2005 impreza and 2011 legacy. sometimes its tricky keeping the car in a straight line even in a slight wind.

headlights. for non-HID, how good is the reach? I'm sure the increased height of the car helps but sometimes i'm blind as a bat and need good bright lights.

thanks and i look forward to your replies.

·
Registered
105 Posts
CCAS-
I live in the Chicago area, although called the Windy City it has nothing to do with the weather. That said, we do get good winds here, what with the flat lands...I do notice a little wind wrangling in winds above 15-20 MPH, not sure that any car is immune to it at that wind speed. As for the rain and snow...it handles very very well. I'm coming from a 4WD Jeep (91 Grand Wagoneer) and a 2003 BMW 330Xi (AWD), out handles both.

·
Registered
148 Posts
First, welcome to the board.

I've had an 2006 impreza sedan and a 2009 impreza hatch that I thought were pretty solid unless it was gusty out or excessively windy. I have never had a problem with slight winds.

It's been kind of windy where I am the last week and I'm finding that the Crosstrek feels pretty solid. I find that I don't adjust the steering wheel as much as I did in my 2009 imp when the winds pick up.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thats good. i'm not sure why i've experienced the swaying in the other 2 subarus, but it seems a few others have experienced it as well in other 2011 legacys. i guess it might be related to their softer suspension

·
Registered
603 Posts
Hello and welcome! While we all live our Crosstreks... Like admin said... We are biased. Hehehehe.
As you continue to research, this great interactive brochure may give you more insight as well (if you haven't seen it already, its well worth going through)!

It's on this post:
http://clubcrosstrek.com/index.php/topic,648.0.html

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So.

Call me crazy. But i test drove the 5 spd xv again as well as the wrx hatch. While the wrx was fun and just the power id love to play with, i honestly liked the xv more! It just feels like a better fit and is more practical?

In any case, i pulled the trigger! Will hopefully receive the car end of next week. Im SUPER EXCITED.

·
Registered
354 Posts
CrissCrossAppleSauce said:
So.

Call me crazy. But i test drove the 5 spd xv again as well as the wrx hatch. While the wrx was fun and just the power id love to play with, i honestly liked the xv more! It just feels like a better fit and is more practical?

In any case, i pulled the trigger! Will hopefully receive the car end of next week. Im SUPER EXCITED.
Congrats :) What color did you go with?

·
Registered
603 Posts
I can only emulate what everyone else here has said.. Welcome! And if you're looking for great "real life" information about the XV.. this is *THE* place to come. The people on here are awesome!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ive always had an eye for the tangerine and thats what i went with! Funny thing was, as i pulled into the dealership, i was met with 2 cars parked at the front entrance. One being the tangerine 5 spd on the left and the other being the wrb wrx hatch on the right. My two top choices egging me on to take em home.

Cant wait to take the xv on an outdoor trip

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So I picked up my crosstrek this past wednesday and i've already clocked 425.0 miles as of this weekend!

all i can say is i love the car and have had nothing but compliments so far! i take back what i said earlier about the car being underpowered. the power really is adequate, i just have to drive it differently than my old impreza. i guess i could say the power isnt in the same powerband that i'm used to so i have to bring the car up to slightly higher revs.

oh, and i'll just leave this here...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.