Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We decided to take a host of day trips around Albuquerque, today was the first adventure.

We drove east on I-40, then took NM 337 and NM 55 south to visit the old pueblo ruins at Quarai and Abo. Then followed NM 60 to I-25 and headed down south to check out the Lorenzo Canyon. Easy drive, mostly on paved roads, the 5-ish miles to the canyon from the I-25 frontage road is mostly hardpack gravel/dirt washes.

Inside the canyon, there is turn off that is just surreal. You can get your car in there very easily, it would have been a badass picture. Unfortunately some jackass parked his truck (complete with naked lady stickers across the rear window) so it completely blocked the entrance. We could only walk in.

Total trip was about 6 hrs and 200 miles.

Quarai ruins:

Abo ruins:

Clean car at Abo:

Dirty car after driving into Lorenzo canyon:

Release the hound!

Testing the XV out:

Inside the 'side' canyon:

Parting shot:

·
Registered
927 Posts
Breath-taking pics!!! Thanks a lot for sharing those!

It's nice to have folks from all different parts of the country/world sharing those scenic places that most of us will never see in person.

Beautiful... thanks again.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Our plan is to go on a day trip each Saturday. Every now and then we may take a weekend trip up to Colorado (home) or out to Arizona.

There are some really neat places that we can't take the dog, so we may/may not go to those.

Call me crazy, but on April 6th we may head down to the Trinity site. The Army opens it twice a year. Supposedly there is less radiation there than what we get from the sun.....supposedly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.