Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife and I just spend the weekend exploring again, and the dog enjoyed another weekend car trip with us! Can you guess these two locations?

More to follow....

·
Registered
500 Posts
I'm gonna go with Alamogordo/White Sands?

Looks like a fun trip!

·
Registered
820 Posts
Very cool 8). What are those people doing inside the radioactive fence? Am I just seeing things there? I thought your XV was black at first but I see in your tag that its dark gray-must be the lighting, or my bad eyes!

·
Registered
800 Posts
RubySu said:
Very cool 8). What are those people doing inside the radioactive fence? Am I just seeing things there? I thought your XV was black at first but I see in your tag that its dark gray-must be the lighting, or my bad eyes!
I hadn't noticed the people, but now that you mention it...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chasem, only half correct.

Yes those are people behind the fence with the radioactive sign. Hint: those people can only go behind that fence twice a year.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Area 51??? Heck if I know! :)

·
Registered
243 Posts
I think I recognize...

·
Registered
800 Posts
contrail_25 said:

Yes those are people behind the fence with the radioactive sign. Hint: those people can only go behind that fence twice a year.
Im confused.

So the area is radioactive so ppl shouldnt be there, but are free to irradiate themselves 2x a year?

or

The area is perfectly safe but the government bans people from entering for some reason, except for 2x a year?

·
Registered
820 Posts
AlexAlejan said:
contrail_25 said:

Im confused.

So the area is radioactive so ppl shouldnt be there, but are free to irradiate themselves 2x a year?

or

The area is perfectly safe but the government bans people from entering for some reason, except for 2x a year?
Ha! That made me laugh! Of note I was watching ""River Monsters" with Jeremy Wade this past Sunday. He was fishing in the cooling ponds of freaking Chernobyl ! :eek: He could only stay in the area for X amount of time and had radiation detection gear and badges to tell him when it was time to scadaddle. Still....what the heck WERE those people doing there?? Hunting for Shrooms I bet!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The radiation levels there a low to non-existent. There was this weirdo (heard him tell someone he was an atomic tourist) with a Geiger counter walking around and he was 'mad' that there wasn't any 'significant' radiation levels present.

The site is located deep in the White Sands Missile Range. Lots of testing going on there, so the Army only allows these visits for the general public twice a year.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts