Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up our first Subaru this weekend. After a day of driving it around, it blows away the 95 Discovery we have in the garage, both in fun and of course MPG.

Drove around town today and going to put some miles on it this week for work. I am hoping to get it to the desert this weekend.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Hi, thuronsim, welcome!

What trim/options/color did you go with on your new Crosstrek? We would all love to see pics if you can share some.

Congrats on the new purchase and thanks for signing up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We went with the Premium Desert Khaki. Other than the all weather mats, nothing special. I like to tinker with cars so I figure a base model will allow me plenty of room to do some work in the future.

Going to head out to Anza Borrego this weekend for some fun and pictures, will post when I get back.

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
Welcome!

What kind of "work" are we talking about here? Off-road modifications maybe???

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@clubcrosstrek - Yes there are good off-road trails in Anza. There is also the ability to go to areas to do your own thing.

@AWDFreak - I would like to make some off-read modifications. My kids and I are big into the outdoors. The more time away from and distance we can put between us and civilization the more fun it it.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
thuronsim said:
@clubcrosstrek - Yes there are good off-road trails in Anza. There is also the ability to go to areas to do your own thing.

@AWDFreak - I would like to make some off-read modifications. My kids and I are big into the outdoors. The more time away from and distance we can put between us and civilization the more fun it it.
Sounds great, both for you and as something your kids will always remember. What are you thinking? Metal skid plate, more aggressive tires, maybe a 1" lift? Or are you going to go real serious?

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
ClubCrosstrek said:
thuronsim said:

Sounds great, both for you and as something your kids will always remember. What are you thinking? Metal skid plate, more aggressive tires, maybe a 1" lift? Or are you going to go real serious?
/\/\/\/\/\

yeah that

1" lift serious, or 2" + lift serious with differential breather extensions and such???

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Metal Skids plates are a for sure. Not sure about the lift yet. More than likely nothing more than 1". But I could be talked into more, would require someone else experimenting with that first. I am going to wear out these tires first, then look into getting others.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
thuronsim said:
Metal Skids plates are a for sure. Not sure about the lift yet. More than likely nothing more than 1". But I could be talked into more, would require someone else experimenting with that first. I am going to wear out these tires first, then look into getting others.
Good call. I am thinking more aggressive tires after the factory ones wear out, as well. Not sure about a lift or anything else, yet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ClubCrosstrek said:
Nice pics. How would you say the Crosstrek held up? Any issues?
I was nothing short of impressed. There was a few pot holes hit that made it sound like the suspension bottomed out (with a loud thud). Has anyone else experienced this or should I be scheduling a trip into the dealership?

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
thuronsim said:
ClubCrosstrek said:
Nice pics. How would you say the Crosstrek held up? Any issues?
I was nothing short of impressed. There was a few pot holes hit that made it sound like the suspension bottomed out (with a loud thud). Has anyone else experienced this or should I be scheduling a trip into the dealership?
I don't think I have experienced that, but I wouldn't worry about it too much unless it is giving you issues when you're NOT in a pot hole.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts