Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Nice. I put a 4 " extension on mine simultaneously. Mine is cue ball size and shape. It's on a thread here somewhere.

I found it. It's a SlickSpeed

Attachments

·
Registered
820 Posts
Yes, it helps line up my elbow resting on console running straight out to shifter. It's inexpensive <$20 and easy to do. Would love to go full "rally car" and have one of those sub dash mounted shifters. The ones where you move your right hand 3-4" and you are right on the handle. No real practical reason for the street but ergonomically pleasing 8)

·
Registered
49 Posts
For anyone interested the JPM Coachworks wrx shift boot fits perfectly so if you wanna get some leather/alcantara to replace the awful pleather/vinyl boot go for it. JPM isnt cheap but their stuff is amazing.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Bakkoda said:
For anyone interested the JPM Coachworks wrx shift boot fits perfectly so if you wanna get some leather/alcantara to replace the awful pleather/vinyl boot go for it. JPM isnt cheap but their stuff is amazing.
beautiful looking product, I love the alcantara. I emailed them to enquire if either white or orange stitching would be available for the shifter and e-brake boot. Shame the oem stitching doesn't match the exterior color...wouldn't that be cool!

·
Registered
74 Posts
just priced the WRX 5MT knob this afternoon at the dealer...WOW expensive. Gotta check other on-line pricing for it. JPM responded to my email today, the WRX brake boot doesn't fit according to them...but they have a Crosstrek specific version ready to go. They will do any custom color stitching for an additional $10. They suggest against white...they're worried about it staying white.

·
Registered
49 Posts
i got my wrx knob from a friend who replaced his however you can usually grab em off ebay for 30 bucks or so. the ebrake boot did measure slightly different when i looked at our cars so I avoided trying it out. good to know they are making a crosstrek one.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Bakkoda, not to necro post but I am doing some research for a simple mod of swapping the shift boot. I found loads of folks with WRX shift boots and for all intents and purposes it would appear that the shift boots are the same? PLease correct me if I am wrong but it sounds like you did this? - Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts