Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! So I just bought my first Subaru and instantly became hooked. Obviously a Crosstrek (Limited). I went with Khaki. I just have a thing for weird colors.

Starting to get into camping, back packing and I didn't want to be limited to where I could go so I went with the most logical and practical choice.

I've already seen a lot of cool things on here and I can't wait to see more and contribute my own. Keep it real!

·
Registered
603 Posts
Hi christo and welcome. Congratulations on the new XV.. sounds like you're hooked like we all are. :)

Nice color the khaki! Great for outdoors and seems to be gaining in popularity too! Post some pics when you can.. we love pics!

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Welcome to the site, christov! I wouldn't say the khaki is a "weird" color choice, just...not common. Either way, it's a great color and congrats on the purchase, it sounds like the XV is perfect for you. I am taking mine camping for the first time tonight for the weekend and I can not wait.

Thanks for signing up!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! :D I agree, weird was probably a bad word choice. I had a "cement" colored scion tC (the shiny primer gray color) before my trek and everyone has been telling me that unique colors are my thing.

I'm going to post some pics later this weekend. I need to find a sweet spot or two. Fouth of July I'll be camping in the Tahoe National Forest near Faucherie Lake and Carr Lake.

This site has been awesome so far, like I said. I'm looking at getting some crossbars first. Looking to rig this thing up to handle a huge load (that's what she said) :eek: .

·
Registered
60 Posts
christovofdunn said:
Various and Alex, please tell me you're Ravens/Orioles fans....
Sorry, I'm a 'Skins fan (I'm a masochistic football fan, apparently). Don't really watch baseball any more, grew up as a Dodgers fan of the 1970s and 80s.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alex wins! I almost got the Tangarine because of the Orioles, but I went with something more practical in case I have to bug out and hide. Haha.

I'll be going to Baltimore next year around July with my wife. I plan on going to Camden Yards to catch a game or two. Haven't been there since it opened, or so I've been told. I was too young to remember. If you guys are down, we should meet up and have a few Flying Dog's and crab cakes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts