Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
Joined
·
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thelosis said:
Wonder how long it can take that beating.
I know I won't be doing that with mine anytime soon.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,941 Posts
Mmmmmmmmmm, looks fun! ;D

But I would imagine maintenance intervals would have to be shortened with constant treatment of a vehicle like that... As fun as off-road shenanigans can be, don't think the car is going to love that sand.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AWDfreak said:
Mmmmmmmmmm, looks fun! ;D

But I would imagine maintenance intervals would have to be shortened with constant treatment of a vehicle like that... As fun as off-road shenanigans can be, don't think the car is going to love that sand.
Yep the XV would have to be several inches higher for that to be remotely OK. Plowing your car's nose into deep sand isn't the smartest thing you can do. However, I was pleased to see the XV keep going.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,240 Posts
CrossTrekFan said:
AWDfreak said:
Mmmmmmmmmm, looks fun! ;D

But I would imagine maintenance intervals would have to be shortened with constant treatment of a vehicle like that... As fun as off-road shenanigans can be, don't think the car is going to love that sand.
Yep the XV would have to be several inches higher for that to be remotely OK. Plowing your car's nose into deep sand isn't the smartest thing you can do. However, I was pleased to see the XV keep going.
Nice to see other people be the guinea pigs!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
714 Posts
ClubCrosstrek said:
Nice to see other people be the guinea pigs!
Well, someone has to suffer for the rest of us to learn! Starting to think my skid plate design will extend out and up around the leading edge of the bumper!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,941 Posts
Subir_roo said:
ClubCrosstrek said:
Nice to see other people be the guinea pigs!
Well, someone has to suffer for the rest of us to learn! Starting to think my skid plate design will extend out and up around the leading edge of the bumper!
Sounds like me... My first Subaru has taught me things the hard way because I'm a crazy guy with leadfoot syndrome. Though I am still a safe driver the majority of the time.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top