Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with this brand/make of tires....they have a big "CROSSTREK' lettering the side of the tire. Might be cool as replacement when the Geolanders wear out.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Nito makes a great sports car tire and its one of my favorites. I had them on my 350Z. They hold the road with the grip of a gorilla. They out performed the Falkens and the BFG. But they did not last. I got 10k miles out of them.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I've only ever had one set of Nitto tires. They were ok performance wise but like ikon's they did not last anywhere near as long as they should have.

·
Registered
552 Posts
FYI:

Nitto Tires is originally a Japanese brand that started in 1949. It was acquired by Toyo in 1979. For many years, it was a small brand selling in the the domestic Japanese market and some Asian and Middle Eastern markets with many of the tires being made for trucks. A push into the U.S. market eventually began years later. In the mid-1990's, Nitto responded to the demand from Japanese tuners and street racers, sometimes referred to as "ricers". It was thought that performance more than brand history was important in that segment. With increasing sales to the American market, Nitto was spun off as a separate company from Toyo, though Toyo continues to make tires for Nitto, primarily from the Toyo plant in White, Georgia (northwest of Atlanta) but also from Japan. Some Nitto tires, primarily for Asian markets, are sourced from a Toyo's plant in the People's Republic of China and Malaysia. Nitto is headquartered in California. Nitto is currently sold in several Asian, North American, and Middle Eastern markets, as well as Australia. There are plans to enter European markets.
My only experience is with thier Drag Radials back when we would go to the drag strip to run 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
194 Posts
You want to check load rating on replacement tires for this car. Most of them in our size are light truck tires with a much higher load rating which means a much stiffer carcass and hence a much rougher ride. I think the Geo's are like 95, most of the others are way over 100. If they are higher rated they will also be much heavier as well - all unsprung weight, further deteriorating ride quality. The car rides choppy enough already. ::)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Because I do 35k/yr and most of it is highway miles my next set of 8 month tires may very well be the Nitto Motivo. I like quiet, long lasting tires and these are getting some pretty great reviews. I've had a few sets of Nitto tires in the past and never been disappointed, haven't been overly impressed either but that's better than disappointed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts