Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone hear anything yet? I'm a Subaru Dealer in upstate New York and have had my XV since November '12. Gotta say this is my 9th differnet Subaru and its surprised me the most!! Any helpful information would be greatly appreciated. Subaru has come a long way in the past 10 years and with more and more new technology being introduced there is no telling where it will take them.

Thanks again,

Joe Keator
Five Star Subaru

2013 XV Crosstrek
2012 Legacy GT LTD

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
I have heard from a couple Subaru forums that Primitive Racing is developing skidplates for the GP/GJ Impreza and XV. Heck, I think some owners already have skidplates!

I have browsed the primary Australian manufacturers of lift and heavy-duty overload springs (such as Pedders Suspension, King Springs, etc) and the XV doesn't have any available yet.

I think lift kits are in the same stage as skid plates are, in development.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I need to get a new skid plate as I have cracked my plastic one already :-\
A more durable front bumper with less overhang and a place to mount a winch would be awesome too!

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Joe said:
Anyone hear anything yet? I'm a Subaru Dealer in upstate New York and have had my XV since November '12. Gotta say this is my 9th differnet Subaru and its surprised me the most!! Any helpful information would be greatly appreciated. Subaru has come a long way in the past 10 years and with more and more new technology being introduced there is no telling where it will take them.
I feel a lot of the Impreza options would work for the Crosstrek, no? That said, I don't even know what's available for the Impreza.

Poego said:
I need to get a new skid plate as I have cracked my plastic one already :-\
A more durable front bumper with less overhang and a place to mount a winch would be awesome too!
In other news this post is in the completely wrong section.
Haha, I'll move it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'm looking into getting front bumper bars installed. I'm not huge into offroading but I think the look would compliment the style of the XVC. There are a few companies out there that make them for the 2012 Impreza's and WRX's so I figure they should fit the XVC. If I do get one installed, I'll post some pics.

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
spyder720 said:
I'm looking into getting front bumper bars installed. I'm not huge into offroading but I think the look would compliment the style of the XVC. There are a few companies out there that make them for the 2012 Impreza's and WRX's so I figure they should fit the XVC. If I do get one installed, I'll post some pics.
Please please PLEASE do post pictures! I would love to see more XVs with an off-road bumper!

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
spyder720 said:
Very interested in this and I think we would all love pics if you go through with it.

·
Registered
927 Posts
The only thing I found was a 2" lift from Sumo.... $499 and you have to buy the trail arm extensions separate.... $157....

·
Registered
927 Posts
I like the nudge bar on that site... compliments the front end and give the protection you need, where you need it. I don't like overkill..... well over built is fine just not 500 lbs of metal hanging off your vehicle.

I have to be careful... I already have one toy that sucks up all my money for off-roading...... lol!

·
Registered
927 Posts
ClubCrosstrek said:
I like it, too, but I would want it in black.
x2... nothing a can of Rustoleum Bedliner or Plasti-Dip couldn't fix..... 8)

My TJ flares, sliders, bumpers, swing-away and wheels are all done in Rustleum bedliner... LOVE that stuff!!!

·
Registered
714 Posts
A local fabricator here is working on a new skid plate! I mentioned it in another thread but it seems like I should mention it here as well. I have a poll open for if the plate should cover the front bumper or not. I am also planning on working will him to build a light bar and plate combo. So the bar would mount and the plate would mount to the structure of the bar! It would look something like this for the bar:

but with a sturdy structure under the car back to the cross member to bolt the plate to as well. It would be a pretty dang solid piece.

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
Subir_roo said:
A local fabricator here is working on a new skid plate! I mentioned it in another thread but it seems like I should mention it here as well. I have a poll open for if the plate should cover the front bumper or not. I am also planning on working will him to build a light bar and plate combo. So the bar would mount and the plate would mount to the structure of the bar!

...but with a sturdy structure under the car back to the cross member to bolt the plate to as well. It would be a pretty dang solid piece.
That right there is key! I don't want something that looks tough but isn't bolted to something substantial.

Though the Australian bumpers are quite nice too, turns out they meet the Australian airbag standards :eek:

Offroad Bullbars - Features & Benefits

ADR69 Airbag tested & Engineer approved.
Option to incorporate Original Subaru Fog Lights (standard on Outback 04 - current models).
Significantly increases approach angle & massively increases side entry angle, due to tapered bumper designed specifically for each model.
Lightest weight bumper replacement bar
Bumper section of Bars are coloured to suit your particular vehicle, (including our own specially developed Dulux powdercoat to match Subaru grey plastic bumper colour/texture) and optional highlight of highly polished tube work. This means much less maintenance than full polished bars, & maintains a stylish factory look, rather than the “added on look” of full polished bars.
Uniquely engineered mounting system with “Point load. spreader bar” for safety in the event of pole/tree collisions
All welding is via our specialized “Pulse Welding Machines”, to give the best possible Alloy & Steel welds.
All Bends in Tube work are Mandrel Bent.
Mounting system is Powdercoated to protect from corrosion.
Our bars are designed specifically for each model, for quality fit and attractive appearance.
Driving lights & CB aerial mount standard.
“Modern Clear Lens” indicators standard. Note: old style yellow lens indicators shown in some photos.
Durable “Moulded Aluminum Override's, not plastic.
Anti head light glare is “Computer Cut” UV resistant vinyl, instead of traditional spray paint, for neat long-lasting finish.
“Purpose Made” boxes to help prevent transport damage.
Complete with all mounting hardware & fitting instructions.

Construction

Bumper section = 4mm Aluminum, Hand Formed, tapered sides, or Cast aluminium for Forester 06 onwards.

Tube section = Mandrel Bent, 76x4.75mm centre tube welded to Mandrel Bent, 45x3.25mm side tubes & bolted to bumper with Subaxtreme unique system using M12/M10 high tensile bolts, creating a connection arguably stronger than welded methods.

Mounting system = “Powdercoated” steel mount with Subaxtremes’ unique integrated engineer designed “Point Load Spreader Bar” for pole/tree collisions.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Subir_roo said:
A local fabricator here is working on a new skid plate! I mentioned it in another thread but it seems like I should mention it here as well. I have a poll open for if the plate should cover the front bumper or not. I am also planning on working will him to build a light bar and plate combo. So the bar would mount and the plate would mount to the structure of the bar! It would look something like this for the bar:

but with a sturdy structure under the car back to the cross member to bolt the plate to as well. It would be a pretty dang solid piece.
I really like the look of that! Subtle yet strong. BTW... I did vote on the skid for being tucked under.... and this is why!!!! I really think combining the skid with the front bar underneath would be a plus in strength for both additions.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Both of you have very good points! And strong is the key. A co worker has the rally innovations light bar and honestly it's not super solid, ok for lights but even then it can bounce a bit. If we design a light bar and skid plate combo you'd have to use both. The skid plate for the light bar would have to be different from the one without a bar. Basically you'd have to get the bar and plate as a combo OR the plate for a car without a bar. The mounts available to mount the bar would be the same mounts used for the plate so you wouldn't be able to have a plate that worked with or without the bar, the plate would have to use mounts ON the bar if you wanted a plate/bar combo.

·
Registered
74 Posts
AWDfreak said:
Seems Australia always has quite the decent selection of Subaru off-road parts...

http://www.subaxtreme.com.au/index.html

They make the off-road heavy-duty bumpers for the XV now.
I e-mailed them asking how much it would cost to get some of their things shipped over and this is what they replied:
SubaruExtrem said:
Shipping for both the bull bar and sump guard would be $1,370.00 AUD.
Shipping for the sump guard on its own would be $227.00 AUD.

If you can wait until late April or early May, we hope to have established an agent/distributor for our products in the US. Any announcements will be posted on our website www.subaxtreme.com.au .

Let me know if you would like any further information.

Kind regards

David Prell
Subaxtreme Pty Ltd
26 Braidwood Road
Goulburn NSW 2580
ph: (02) 4821 1555
fax: (02) 4821 7797
email: [email protected]
web: www.subaxtreme.com.au
So, it looks like we might have good news coming in a few months...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.