Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The desert Khaki does an excellent job hiding the dirt!lol For the last week we've had 2 major snow storms within days of each so the roads have been a mess & we haven't cleaned her yet. I'm soooo happy with the desert khaki our black truck definitely doesn't look as good!lol

The back probably shows the most dirt!

Front doesn't look dirty unless you really get up close & personal but trust me it's dirty

Now here in the garage you can see the bottom black is dirty but that's about it!lol

Attachments

·
Registered
500 Posts
mm that looks fantastic! I almost don't believe there's actually dirt on it

·
Registered
168 Posts
Heh, I'll get some pics tomorrow, my DK is a MESS right now. Two snowstorms, a rainstorm, a few slushy icky drives and a round trip to VT to ski today with wet/salty roads this morning with a few muddy parking lots along the way. I looked at it this afternoon as the sun was setting and thought "maybe they missed the mark with this Khaki, it should have a satin finish not glossy." Then I said "nah!"

·
Registered
194 Posts
Right on!!
I just fell in love with the color!

I think it needs some more flat-black panels and trim. Me scheming up some ideas. At least one is a rocker decal, maybe S U B A R U or C R O S S T R E K, in matt-finish vinyl. I can computer generate and have my sign printer put them out in 3M bus-wrap material.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CJBROWN said:
Right on!!
I just fell in love with the color!

I think it needs some more flat-black panels and trim. Me scheming up some ideas. At least one is a rocker decal, maybe S U B A R U or C R O S S T R E K, in matt-finish vinyl. I can computer generate and have my sign printer put them out in 3M bus-wrap material.
Yeah we wanted our body side molding in black instead of the color as car but that didn't work out, so we went with the same as car :( The decal sounds pretty cool I think it would be cool with C R O S S T R E K. You'll have to post pics when you do it :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
i was looking at the white but my mum went out and got a new white merk in white so i cant have that i love the dark grey but it's to close to my GTIR. I ended up going with the orange it looks so good.

·
Registered
927 Posts
We have had several white vehicles and they seem to hide dirt more than most ( other than the KHAKI) and the Satin White Pearl is just too darn pretty.... thats why we got the SWP...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Love my Khaki Premium w/ CVT but am not impressed with paint quality. I've already got two paint chips on the hood in about 3K miles around here New England winter driving....

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
chrisp said:
Love my Khaki Premium w/ CVT but am not impressed with paint quality. I've already got two paint chips on the hood in about 3K miles around here New England winter driving....
When I had my 2004 WRX I remember a lot of people on those forums complaining about paint quality. I would have assumed that Subaru has begun using better paint since then, but maybe not.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts