Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to replace my 2013's battery. I'm thinking about an Optima yellow top but wonder if it will fit without modification. Anyone have experience with these?

·
Registered
305 Posts
They have standard fit sizes I believe. Also you might want to consider a glass mat battery. Cheaper and almost as good.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello to everyone, and happy quarantine.
So this battery you are replaced is the original one from 2013?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a red top in my ‘13 and just put one in my wife’s Mazda 3 as well, optimas come with a plastic piece the covers the whole top, you will need to use that piece and put it under the battery to make it as tall as the stock battery. But it fits fine without it too, just the hold downs are threaded really far.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Roberto: I bought the car in 2018 with 86K miles already on it, so I doubt it's the original battery. The current one failed a load test, so I'm replacing it before I get stranded.

808soobie: Thanks for the info, that's what I wanted to know.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Roberto: I bought the car in 2018 with 86K miles already on it, so I doubt it's the original battery. The current one failed a load test, so I'm replacing it before I get stranded.

Good to know, mine is a 2016 and is starting to show its age. An Optima battery is in my radar now.
Thank you

1 - 7 of 7 Posts