Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st: '95 Impreza (sold to friend)
2nd: '01 Outback Sedan (still going strong at 172,000)

Wife and I figured it was time for a third Subaru. Been looking at the Crosstrek for a while now, test drove it a couple times, but could never find a Limited in the color/package combo we wanted. We just drove 2,000 miles from the east coast to NM and figured we'd drive around and check out the dealerships here in ABQ. Ended up finding the exact Crosstrek we wanted on the showroom floor! They offered a deal we couldn't refuse, so today we bought it! Can't wait to pick it up on Monday.

Attachments

·
Registered
500 Posts
That sounds like a heck of a trip! What are the details on the XV?

While you're in ABQ, if you're a fan of meat, there's a great restaurant called Tucano's - all you can eat Brazilian style meats with a fantastic salad bar and such. At $12 for lunch, it's amazing.

Or if you plan on venturing up to Santa Fe there's an amazing hole in the wall burger place called Bobcat Bite. Absolutely my favorite burger.

Sorry to go off topic; I'm just jealous you're in my favorite part of the country. Enjoy the XV!

·
Registered
927 Posts
Welcome and Congrats on finding 'YOUR' XV..... and wow... 2000 miles away from home... lol!!!! It's amazing, once you have your heart and mind set on a specific color/package... YOU GOTTA HAVE IT!!!

Have a GREAT drive home!!!! We know you will!

·
Registered
243 Posts
I'm in Texas but I bought my Crosstrek with trips to New Mexico and Colorado in mind. Get off the beaten path in New Mexico and you never know what you'll run into.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well NM is our new home according to the Air Force and we are from Colorado so we are pretty excited to be in a great state AND close to 'home'. Lots of opportunities to explore with the new car. I've been to ABQ before for training and love it here. Thanks for the foodie tips chasem! Though there is only one question to be answered when it comes to food here: red or green?

Details on the car:
2013 XV Crosstrek 2.0i Limited
Dark Gray Metallic

Car already had the following:

Dark Gray Metallic Body Side Molding Kit
Aluminum Wheel Locks
Auto Dimming Mirror w/Compass
Moonroof Package & Navigation System (Power Moonroof)
Matte Black Splash Guards
Aero Cross Bar Set (I already have Yakima racks for bikes, snowboard, and a Skybox 16s)
Matte-Black Splash Guards

We added:
Rear Bumper Guard
Rear Seat Back Protector
All Weather Floor Mats

Future Additions:
Sport Mesh Grille
Tweeters (still mulling over this one)
Skid Plate (waiting to see who starts putting these out, following the various threads on this)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ClubCrosstrek said:
Do plan on doing any more aftermarket mods for either look or performance?
Definitely the grille, eventually a skid plate. As far as performance, I'm waiting to see what comes out.

AlexAlejan said:
Cool pics Contrail- love the color! It was one of the ones I was considering myself before the orange hooked me. I'm a huge fan of the limited interior too.
If I wasn't a Texas Aggie, I might be inclined to say the orange looks good. But I am, so I cannot legally state such a thing ;)

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts