Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm Dante and I run the largest outdoor club in the South. I have been torturing my poor Honda Fit with four years of driving it on roads it had no business on. I finally wised up and bought a preowned Crosstrek. This really is the perfect vehicle for me! Every weekend I'm headed out for hiking, cycling or paddling events with the club. It's AWD and high clearance are perfect for getting us to those remote trailheads and rivers. The all weather matts, I no longer worry about the mud and dirt we're tracking in after a day of adventure. The excellent racks and the roomy back get all the gear - including our bikes and boats - where they need to be. I'll be installing an invisi-hitch to pull the lightweight canoe/kayak/bike trailer.

And I didn't even have to give up much on the mileage I was getting in the Honda Fit.

I took it out for an inaugural dirt road ride today and it performed wonderful. First time in a while I wasn't worried about bogging down, getting stuck, spinning out or banging up the trim on the car. It handled a few stream crossings beautifully.

I'm looking forward to all the adventures with my club in this Crosstrek. It's really going to open up more options for us!

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
Wow, it seems you've ALWAYS needed a Subaru! That poor Honda Fit probably didn't enjoy the off-pavement action too much...

Welcome to the club, hope the XV serves as your perfect lifestyle vehicle!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts