Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you're in the South please come join us for some great outdoor adventure. We have chapters in 15 cities now!

No dues.... we just like to have fun hiking, cycling and paddling. If you make one of my event I'll probably bring along my new Crosstrek!

Well, seems I can't post an external link but if you google us you'll find us.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Googled it and there are LOTS of chapters of this org. Seems like spam though for a user forum.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think spam has to have a commercial purpose. I haven't figured out how to get paid for hiking yet.

We're just a bunch of outdoor nuts who go hiking, cycling & paddling.

·
Registered
194 Posts
OutdoorClubSouth said:
I think spam has to have a commercial purpose. I haven't figured out how to get paid for hiking yet.

We're just a bunch of outdoor nuts who go hiking, cycling & paddling.
Spam is unsolicited advertising for another product, service, or entity. Joining a forum of fellow car owners is fine, joining to promote some other web entity is spam. Forum recruiting is also considered spam. We'll be able to tell soon enough.

But since you started the thread it could be about your hiking, cycling, and paddling, not about some other website or meet up group. You got story and pix??? I'm sure we'd like to hear of your 'trek adventures.

On a rider forum I belong to it's also referred to as 'rouging'. Where you join one group to try to take members away from it to another or for your own benefit. It's an internet forum faux pas.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
I'll let this slide for now as long as you continue to contribute to other parts of the forum (which it looks like you have), rather than just promote your club. We would also always love to see pictures of your Crosstrek if you can, as this forum is dedicated to the vehicle.

There is a very fine line between what is and isn't spam on a forum, and I am still learning as this community grows.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts