Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2021 Crosstrek and have noticed this summer the outside temperature reported on the dashboard is least 5 degrees higher than it really is outside, sometimes almost 10 degrees, and compared to many other sources. For instance, if it is 85 outside it may read 94. This is with the vehicle moving at highway speeds for a while so not parking-lot effect here. Cooler temperatures seems pretty accurate and it seems it is more of an issue at over 80 degrees F. Anyone else noticed the same?

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrec Premium
19 Posts
First world problems.
A number of things could be the culprit. A sensor, being sensitive. Air flow not just right. A sensor off location, even by just a bit. No telling.
FWIW, mine seems pretty close. I'm just glad Subaru didn't try to same my soul by showing speeds 3-5 MPH fast. Some do that and it drives me bonkers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Agree it's better than an off speedo and I am aware of the things you mention that can affect but wondering if others see the same issue. If not a prevalent one that gives me a reason to bring it up with the dealer. Yes, a minor issue but nevertheless annoying 😆

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a 2021 Crosstrek and have noticed this summer the outside temperature reported on the dashboard is least 5 degrees higher than it really is outside, sometimes almost 10 degrees, and compared to many other sources. For instance, if it is 85 outside it may read 94. This is with the vehicle moving at highway speeds for a while so not parking-lot effect here. Cooler temperatures seems pretty accurate and it seems it is more of an issue at over 80 degrees F. Anyone else noticed the same?
Bought a 2019 Crosstrek Base last December and noticed the same thing, at least in hotter weather it seems to read about 5 degrees high.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Bought a 2019 Crosstrek last December and noticed the same thing, at least in the Florida hotter weather it seems to read about 5 degrees high.

·
Registered
'21 Outdoor PYP "Fiona"
4 Posts
Ditto from a Canuck, mine reads a good couple of degrees C high in hotter weather, so consistent with around 5 F. Does anyone now if the dealer adjust this? It's going in for service soon so I will ask.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts