Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Sadly no. I totaled the Porsche when a drunk guy clipped me as I passed him. Looking to get a GT3 RS to replace it some time. Loving the Crosstrek now since I can take it places the Pcar could not.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Thank you for posting, jascha. We welcome those kind of personal user reviews anytime. It's refreshing to see real, somewhat long-term reviews of the XV rather than just a paid reviewer going down a check list. Hopefully it will help some people make up their mind about purchasing.

Twist2Stop said:
Nice review. So it is faster if you don't floor it?
Sounds like he means it's faster and more responsive if you ease into it rather than give it all it has in one push of the pedal. As a driver of a 2003 Impreza Outback Sport I can somewhat attest to this but I am hoping the Crosstrek will feel more powerful than the OBS.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Twist2Stop said:
Nice review. So it is faster if you don't floor it?
Yes it lays down the power better if you give it say 20% throttle then ease into it progressively. Which is the opposite of what most people with traditional transmissions do. I also "downshift" to the lower gear since the flappy paddles are always on which drops it to the lower virtual gear and you can keep the revs up that way too. Great for passing and will go back to "automatic" once you near the rev limiter.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've read some reviews that say the road (or engine?) noise is bad. Have you noticed any of that or are they just over exaggerating?

Thanks for the review!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PhilForce said:
I've read some reviews that say the road (or engine?) noise is bad. Have you noticed any of that or are they just over exaggerating?

Thanks for the review!
I have taken it on many road trips via highway and country roads. The road noise is about the same as any other car I have been in. I think the noise that is mentioned in some reviews is the CVT which is not loud per say. But does make a different sound than a traditional transmission. If you test drive a Crosstrek you will see what I mean.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts