Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a week ago I shut my work ID in my door while it was still attached to my hip. Needless to say, when I walked off it eventually came flying off and the clip smacked the inside lip of my driver door, chipping off a small section of paint (about the size of a pin head) down to the metal.

Other than the sadness of chipping my brand new XV, this chip is barely noticeable. I don't want to leave the metal exposed to rust, so I figured this chip would be a good opportunity to try out some spot repair paint.

I bought a 1/2 oz Tangerine and a 1/2 oz clear coat for around $18 after shipping from http://www.automotivetouchup.com/

I received the paint yesterday. It looks decent, and I have hopes that it will match the Tangerine correctly. I'll post up more in the next few days when I work on the chip.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Hey thanks for the info! I need a place to order touch up for my C10 that has 2008 paint. Have you used them before?

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RubySu said:
Hey thanks for the info! I need a place to order touch up for my C10 that has 2008 paint. Have you used them before?
No I havent used them before. Ill probably put the paint on today or tomorrow and ill share my results!

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Below are some pics. Try to ignore all the salt all over my door ;)

Paint Chip

[hr]
After two coats of paint

It was getting to be dusk by the time I put the clearcoat on, so Ill have to take a pic of that later today. The paint it a little darker/browner than the actual tangerine color, but for small chips I think its fine.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Oh cool, I'm not seeing much, if any, difference. Are you happy with it then? Looks pretty good to me.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, Im happy with it. I wasn't really concerned about the chip to begin with other than it was leaving metal exposed. With more coats I think the color might have improved even more, but I didn't feel like putting a ton of time into the process.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts