Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've heard some critics mention that Subaru went a little soft with paint in the door jams, and particularly cheap on the good jam. Just looking for some personal input from owners. Are your door/hood jams painted thoroughly?

Not going to sway my decision to buy one way or another; I just have to be prepared when the boss (fiancé) notices and brings it up since I'm forever talking up Subaru's quality.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Since I am meticulous on my cleaning and detailing... I can tell you that all my jams are well painted. All the door jams, hinge areas of every door/hatch, hatch jam and hood/fender edges.... all are well painted and don't show a hint of being 'thin'... not even a hint of 'overspray' type of finish.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Same here. The only place I see less paint than the outside surfaces is inside the engine bay. I don't consider that a big deal.

·
Registered
194 Posts
CrossTrekFan said:
Same here. The only place I see less paint than the outside surfaces is inside the engine bay. I don't consider that a big deal.

Same here. The paint finish complaints have to just be nitpicking. Overall gloss, uniformity, and smoothness is also surprisingly good, especially for an 'economy car'.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts