Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
My brother in law suggested this. I may give it a try. But at this time it's 100 degrees outside and I will melt if I spend too much time in he heat

·
Registered
603 Posts
I hear that Ikon... Gonna be 109degrees today and higher this weekend.

I've been contemplating something like this, but will forego the plastidip simply for durability. I'm still thinking about going with the ABS rear piece for this. Since the current under bumper is plastic anyway, this may work fine. I think they have it in black or chrome. I just am not sure how it would install. If I knew for sure the installation was good and easy, I would get this in a heartbeat.

I think Scooby_xv (Jason) has this. You out there Scooby? Can you tell us anything about this?
http://bit.ly/1b8ixwS

·
Registered
53 Posts
avimia said:
I hear that Ikon... Gonna be 109degrees today and higher this weekend.

I've been contemplating something like this, but will forego the plastidip simply for durability. I'm still thinking about going with the ABS rear piece for this. Since the current under bumper is plastic anyway, this may work fine. I think they have it in black or chrome. I just am not sure how it would install. If I knew for sure the installation was good and easy, I would get this in a heartbeat.

I think Scooby_xv (Jason) has this. You out there Scooby? Can you tell us anything about this?
http://bit.ly/1b8ixwS
Scooby does NOT have this plastic rear fender accessory on his XV...his friend made/makes one out of stainless in AU...still can't get 'em here...yet...
Both his & wifey's car have these scuff guards (see pic)...

·
Registered
603 Posts
Yep. That's right! I forgot about that. Geeez, I wish we could get some of this good stuff here in the US!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Roccoxv said:
Hi

Did anyone ever paint the rear bottom section of the bumper black?
Seriously thinking of doing mine. I think it would set off the back quite well. Plus I have the curt hitch hanging down a bit on mine, would help it blend in. I would use a semi-gloss automotive enamel, something that moreorless matches the rocker covers and rear reflector surrounds/cladding.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts