Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reposting from the Subaruxvforum:

I've installed a Kenwood DDX491 and I'm trying to locate the parking brake wire behind the dash. I don't really care about the bypass mod, I just need to find the correct wire. I have a 2014 Premium without the NAV head unit, do I still have access to the the parking brake wire in the dash? The dudes at Crutchfield told me I'd have to splice into it under the drive side kick panel which I found hard to believe. They told me that the non Nav units don't run the parking brake wire into the dash, which seems asinine. I do see a solid grey wire in a smaller harness that is unused with the Kenwood unit, can I tap into this with the parking brake wire out of the new head unit? The mess of wires under the driver side kick panel is daunting, and I honestly have no idea which of the 3,000 wires needs cutting into. Any help would be appreciated.

Gracias,
Yoshi

·
Registered
567 Posts
I should know this answer, but I don't. When I gutted my system, I just opted for that 20 bean bypass mod. Soldered it right into all the mix behind the radio. Works like a charm. I got the steering controls to work with my pioneer, so there was a lot to solder anyway.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Why not pull the center console and trace it from the parking break lever back to where you want to splice into it? Three screws.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts