Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for reviews of the Crosstrek parking sensors and backup camera performance. My 80 year old mother-in-law insists on this for her near-future car purchase and is convinced that the Ford Escape has the best camera. She also looked at a Honda CRV and didn't like the camera performance. Anyone have any reviews of the factory installed Crosstrek ones?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Haven't seen any reviews, but find it works much better than the one
on my old 08 Grand Cherokee in that the xv is very clear and has lines
letting you know how close you are to objects.

The only draw back is no audible warning which the Cherokee had.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I don't have the camera or sensors but BIG PROPS to your mother in law for still driving @ 80 and to YOU for helping her find what she likes!! ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not only does it have the lines which help a lot it's at a little of a down angle so you can see the bumper and actually tell how close you really are.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Amorgan said:
Not only does it have the lines which help a lot it's at a little of a down angle so you can see the bumper and actually tell how close you really are.
I really like how you can see the bumper. I don't have backup camera on my XV, but I had a 2013 Outback loaner for a few days before I got my Crosstrek and it was fully loaded with the backup camera. I loved it, but I can't really compare it to any other ones as I've only used a handful one or two times.

·
Registered
164 Posts
The camera works pretty well. The red lines indicate a distance of somewhere between 10 and 15 cm rather than the 50 that's stated in the manual. I have checked this distance on a couple of occasions, just to make sure I can actually use the camera to squeeze into tight spots.

·
Registered
800 Posts
ClubCrosstrek said:
I really like how you can see the bumper. I don't have backup camera on my XV, but I had a 2013 Outback loaner for a few days before I got my Crosstrek and it was fully loaded with the backup camera. I loved it, but I can't really compare it to any other ones as I've only used a handful one or two times.
I like this too- When I first got the xv and was unsure of of its length I found myself putting it into reverse after pulling through a parking space to make sure I wasn't too far forward or back.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, the lack of audible warning sensors just made my mother-in-law buy a Ford Escape instead of any Subaru....just sayin'.....

·
Registered
164 Posts
chrisp said:
Yeah, the lack of audible warning sensors just made my mother-in-law buy a Ford Escape instead of any Subaru....just sayin'.....
Makes you wonder how people backed up before the invention of sensors and beeps...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts