Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to change my PCV Valve on my 2018 Crosstek. Dealer wants $250. I got the $10 part. But I have no clue where it is.
There are no videos or diagrams online.

No mechanic here. But trying to save some $$. I can do my own oil changes, brakes, other general maintenance.
It seems pretty straightforward if someone could provide some guidance as to it’s location.

Much appreciated !!

·
Registered
2022 Subaru Crosstrek Limited
6 Posts
Hope you are finished. Think yours is like my ‘22 2.5l.
1. Remove intake
2. PCV valve is on the passenger side, down low on top of the bengune block. Unplug hose that comes up from vertically from block and plugs into intake.
3. Where that hose plugged into block is PVC valve. Shiny with a hex shaped flange. The one I have is 22mm
4. Back out. Shake it, check for rattle. Check new one. A couple of shots of brake cleaner will most likely free up the old one.
5. Install the new PCV valve, reconnect breather hose to intake, reinstall plastic intake.

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrec Premium
93 Posts
A bit chatty, start at 8:15 for the meat. <iframe width="640" height="360" src="
" title="DON'T Let This $20 Part Ruin Your Engine! PCV System History, Theory, Operation, & Repair!" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts