Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After having no issues for over a year, my 2021 Crosstrek now cannot download my phone book on an android device. It shows that the phone is connected and I can dial a number manually. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2021 Ice Silver Crosstrek Sport
16 Posts
The phonebook download is problematic. Make sure "Contact Sharing" is enabled for the Subaru BT connection on your phone. This setting is under "Connected Devices" in the Android Settings. Make sure the setting is enabled on the HU also. You can always forget the BT connection on both the HU and phone and re-pair them from scratch. I use Android Auto and it has no issues with my contacts. Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Under "Settings-Connections-Bluetooth" I found additional settings that I did not know were there. Under "Subaru BT-Settings" somehow "Contact access" had been turned off. Turning it on appears to fix the problem. Android Auto on by Crosstrek requires phone to be connected by cable. Unless I need Maps, I don't usually bother to connect.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks. Under "Settings-Connections-Bluetooth" I found additional settings that I did not know were there. Under "Subaru BT-Settings" somehow "Contact access" had been turned off. Turning it on appears to fix the problem. Android Auto on by Crosstrek requires phone to be connected by cable. Unless I need Maps, I don't usually bother to connect.
thanks for the info

1 - 6 of 6 Posts