Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
awesome! Very jealous over here. Probably will be a YEAR until I can get more. But, hey, maybe by then theyll have the turbo diesel version in the US....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the drive home was a good test drive, the least road noise of any subaru i've owned , the steering was very responsive , good smooth ride, i pushed some curves kinda hard , tracked real good not hardly any body roll , the engine seemed to have good power and i got 32.5 mpg over 165 miles that i have on it. i'm very happy with the Crosstrec .

·
Registered
70 Posts
backpacker62 said:
the drive home was a good test drive, the least road noise of any subaru i've owned , the steering was very responsive , good smooth ride, i pushed some curves kinda hard , tracked real good not hardly any body roll , the engine seemed to have good power and i got 32.5 mpg over 165 miles that i have on it. i'm very happy with the Crosstrec .
looks really good! in the initial pictures (before the car hit dealership) i was really hating the wheels. i am still not a HUGE fan but the more i see "real" pictures the more i like them. sounds like the MPG is kicking butt already, i just hope the power is enough for me. congrats on the purchase!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
as to the power, i knew i was'nt buying a sports car , but the xv was snappy from a stop and powered right on up to speed ,good power from on ramp to interstate ,i had a few hills on my way home from dealer the xv handled them fine , the AT is very smooth keeping the power where it should be , i did try the MT paddle shifter on one hill to down shift to 5 th gear that worked very well if a person needed a little more power , you can use this option without moving the actual shift lever from D mode the trans shifts back up once your not pulling the hill , i did'nt feel that i needed to down shift just testing the system. i'm putting a yakima load warrior basket on the xv this weekend for a trip next week ,i'll see if that changes the handling or power.

·
Registered
167 Posts
What are your plans for the car's use? Just a daily driver with snow duty or do you plan to do some off-roading with it?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my wife and i backpack,hike,kayak,cross country ski,tent camp, i fly fish for small mouth bass ,i wouldn't say i'll be off roaden but we get on alot of rough back country,forest service,country roads and yes Deb will be driving it to work,should do great in snow. we're leaving sunday for a week trip to NE IA ,southern MN,western WI ,we'll be getting into some rough areas a couple stream crossings. looking forward to some fun.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i got my cross bars today , put them and the basket on.

Attachments

·
Registered
243 Posts
backpacker62 said:
my wife and i backpack,hike,kayak,cross country ski,tent camp, i fly fish for small mouth bass ,i wouldn't say i'll be off roaden but we get on alot of rough back country,forest service,country roads and yes Deb will be driving it to work,should do great in snow. we're leaving sunday for a week trip to NE IA ,southern MN,western WI ,we'll be getting into some rough areas a couple stream crossings. looking forward to some fun.
My kinda life.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the basket is a yakima road worrior standerd size, cross bars are whispbars from rack attack.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts