Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All...

Earlier in the week I posted pics of my plasti-dipped badges. I made some mistakes with it and would like to re-do it this weekend. My question is do I have to remove the old plasti-dip?? Or can I just re-do it and peel off the spots that I missed? Not sure what to do. I hate to re-do the whole thing but if I have to I will. I also did the grill, don't have pics of that yet. It came out really nice but again a couple spots that the plasti-dip peeled where I didn't want it to. (I did not remove the grill , just taped it off really well) Thanks for all of your input and help! Love this site because I learn so much! Thanks, Amy

·
Registered
354 Posts
I'm not an expert on this...since doing our side body molding was our 1st time but I would think just leave it on & paint over it..but I could be wrong

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Thelosis said:
I would remove the old. But that's just me. I'm no plasti-dip expert.
I second my partner in crime here, though I admit I have no Plasti Dip experience at all. It just seems to me that starting with a clean slate is always the better option, especially with how easy it should be to remove the old.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I removed mine and started over. Just made sense at the time. I could see it being effective to leave it on, but I'd probably still pull it

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all, I think I'll pull it all off and start over. I guess that's the beauty part of plasti-dip. Thanks for all of your input! Amy

·
Registered
421 Posts
It's best to remove the old plasti dip. I have plasti dipped a lot of stuff. I have graduated to wrapping things in 3M carbon di noc

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Ikon said:
It's best to remove the old plasti dip. I have plasti dipped a lot of stuff. I have graduated to wrapping things in 3M carbon di noc
Hadn't heard of carbon DI-NOC until your post, but just looked it up. How does it hold up? I think if it comes in big enough sheets some of the users with khaki/white Crosstreks could do a cool black carbon fiber roof wrap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts