Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my black on black 'trek. But I decided to add some color with plastidip. Great way to add personality to the car, very cheap to do also. All of the trim was relatively easy to take out, my girlfriend did the actual spraying. For all the black pieces I put a coat of white on before the red, the chrome trim didn't need an undercoat. Has anyone else done this?

Attachments

·
Registered
339 Posts
Now that looks sweet. Haven't used it on any interior but have done wheels and grill chrome with it. Now you have me thinking. Nice job. That red really looks good with the black.

·
Super Moderator
2,941 Posts
Wow, that really makes the Crosstrek pop out!

It looks like one of Subaru Japan's crazy concept cars with prototype aftermarket parts, and I mean that in the best way possible.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Such a simple easy thing to do and makes a huge difference. Plus if you get tired of it later on, you can peel it off and do another color.

·
Registered
347 Posts
That is a really good idea. I also have mine black with black plastidipped rims and a can of red lying around. I might have to steal that idea, especially with the stock dash lights being red. Great mod

·
Registered
18 Posts
First off that looks so sharp, I did some of the same painting to my XV, but was it easy to pop out the console plastic? I'd like to try painting mine for the next project. Also, did you know you can pop out the trim around the vents? Thinking of painting those too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I used plasti dip. Taped the area surrounding the letters off to protect from over spray, spray multiiple coats on and peel the plasti dip off around the lettering.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I've been thinking about getting that chrome around the vents painted.
The console plastic was the hardest to remove. Took some muscle and a little bit of figuring out.

·
Registered
123 Posts
That looks really good. I have the dark metallic grey and have and am doing my trim pieces in matte black. The red looks incredible though on the black car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts