Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been traveling the same stretch of highway each day for the last 17 years. The day I started driving my 2015 Crosstrek, my same station now fades out about 10 miles too soon. Has anyone tried to replace the stock FM antenna with a longer unit? I'm hoping that this will improve my reception.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,941 Posts
I'm unaware of anyone doing this, but chances are, it will very likely improve your AM/FM radio reception if you get a bigger antenna.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Welcome to the wonderful world of Subaru stereo entertainment. They're just not known to have good audio/nav/interface equipment.

I get poor reception in certain areas in both my XV and Tribeca. Funny thing is my 03 WRX never had FM reception issues. oh well...

I'd check out Crutchfield.com for an FM signal booster. I think I've seen a device that you put inside your windshield behind the mirror to gain better signal. I'd go that route before I modified the external antenna.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Went from a 7 inch antenna to around 16 inch Ford Fusion antenna. The test will be my trip down the expressway tomorrow. Installed in 1 minute BTW.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Barely improved my reception. At least it was only $15.99.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts