Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear this pop sound coming from the pass corner of the dash whenever I hit a bump in the road. Anyone already solve this? Sounds like the tweeter is loose or something.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I had/have a rattle from passenger A pillar. It was popped out of place slightly and still a bit flimsy as it moves around quite easily. The drivers side is much more secure in my case. Next time I'm in for service, I'll be mentioning it but its ok for now. Could this be your problem...?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Guys,
I was wondering if this was ever solved? I just had this come up too and am certain it is the A Pillar area. I had this on my 2010 Outback sport too and even though the body panels are different, know the new gen imprezas had this too. Anyone find a solution?

Thanks all...at 3k now and just knew that rock solid feel wouldn't last :(

·
Registered
820 Posts
Hey aukii- in my case, once I popped the plastic from the A pillar back into place, the noise went away. Someone had posted about removing the plastic and glueing a styrofoam piece in there. This was a fix on earlier Subarus and was performed at the dealership. If i remember correctly, it was on 2010 models like yours.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Ruby,
Thanks for that. Mine is very infrequent and for the life of me hasn't made the noise in the last few days. As you mentioned if it's out of place slightly the noise is there but after the plastic is pushed on a bit at the bottom of the pillar near the windshield, it tends to suppress it or make it go away. I think the build quality on these is better than my last ride. The solid feel over bumps is impressive. At least I know that if it starts to come up again, I know just where to go. Not bad enough at this point to do much about it. On my 2010, I removed the pillar trim and put 3m insulated electrical tape (black and rubbery) around the tabs at the base of the trim. It made the fit snug back into their slots and the thing didn't make another noise ever again. If the construction is the same on these, I will do the same if it gets worse.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I do agree that if does have a hunkered down feel which I love, especially in the corners and when experiencing foul weather. Mine has had a few niggles....I don't think paint quality is as good as the rest of the car. My cloth drivers seat is starting to show signs of wear and, for the life of me, I can't figure out why because I generally wear light fabric shorts here in SC.

I will keep that fix you posted in my back pocket- THANKS! 8)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Did anyone solve this? I was hoping to head into the dealer and have a look at mine. I'd like to give them a jumpstart.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts