Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my new fully loaded Limited 2018 Crosstrek this past Feb w/Harman Kardons and occasionally the front right speaker will carry a fuzz effect upon starting the car and will remain until the car is turned off for a period of time and restarted. This doesn't always work, but it leads me to believe that it's a software issue and not hardware since it only happens occasionally.

I've been troubleshooting this issue since I bought the car and the dealership offered little to no help because it's like the singing frog from looney tunes or Chucky from Childs Play, only acting up when in my presence ]:

I believe it might have something to do with trying to use Starlink shortly after starting the car, as if it needs at least 20 seconds to boot up before you try to plug in a phone for carplay or use the navigation app because the fuzz returns almost every time I noticed I jumped the gun before 20 seconds BUT the fuzz has happened regardless of letting the car sit idle for 30+ seconds, so I'm at a loss.

I've scoured the net and this forum and found related speaker/starlink issues with older models, but nothing specific to this problem. Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Things you can try are a factory reset of the unit.
You can unpair and repair your phone.
You can reset reboot your phone.
Also the Apple cable needs to be pristine.
Try a brand new one that will never leave the car.
I have the belkin Kevlar one coiled around the shifter, this way it’s never long enough to reach the floor to be stepped on or wet by salt water.

Your Apple cable will have little brass coloured lines. Any black ones mean the cables been wet. Get a new one, repeat..........

1 - 2 of 2 Posts