Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone! Long time subaru owner, now about to buy a Crosstrek. Considering a used '19 or new '20 premium. Looking here or insight between the two years and go fro there. Have owned a '78 wagon, '05 Forester 2.5x, '09 Forester 4EAT Premium. Want something smaller that gets better mileage than my current '09. Today drove a '20 limited and loved it. Also drove a '20 Forester premium. Liked the Crosstrek better.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Appreciate that thought, and I have done that very thing for the last three vehicles I have purchased ('05 foresters, '09 forester, '17 CRV). I am looking at this used one tonight, so I will decide then.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like late this afternoon I will be picking up the "New" car.
Stats:
2019 Limited
White Exterior
Grey/Black Interior

Sort of excited, mostly due to the bells and whistles. Current car is an '09 Forester Premium that is spartan compared to this. Car before that was an '05 Forester basic.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will add that my only concerns with the new car will be decrease as well as windshield visibility that I had in my '09 Forester. But the new Forester had exterior ascetics that I was not crazy about.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
So I did it!, now the proud owner of the 2019 Limited. Have only driven it home from dealer (5 miles) and to work this am (35 miles). Now its about getting used to it. Many say the acceleration is very poor. My $.02 is that on level grade, its not that bad, similar to my '09 forester, much faster than our '17 CRV turbo. On a grade, this car is slow. But after driving a vehicle that got horrible mileage ('09 forester), I've trained myself to be patient. So far the only complaint is that it has the stock tires and I can not believe the tread on these things. I would call these summer tires. They are Falken ZIEX ZE001. Guess I need to look into a set of snows sooner than I thought.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Congrats on the new rig. Just a thought on tires. Have a look at all weather or 4 season tires. I had the dealership remove the 3 season tires on my 2019 Limited to get rid of the twice a year tire swap. Have had no problem in snow last winter and so far so good this winter. Bought it in January 2019 so just over 1 year ago. Went with Nokian WRG3 all weathers. They are wearing not too bad even last summer with the hot weather. Will probably get around 5-6 years before they need replacing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I agree, in fact the set of all seasons I had on my Forester were nearly identical to the set of snows I had for it. So just have to find a set. Fortunately here I. PA this year, we've had no snow. Still though, nothing worse than an AWD or 4wd vehicle with poor tires.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts