Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there is a thread on how much did you pay but it's basically worthless as nobody is stating the options they got, what the MSRP was, what as added for dealer doc and handling, state license, title, inspection fees, property taxes, and state/local sales tax and other fees that vary from state to state.

What would be helpful, is a breakdown showing the window sticker MSRP. Then on your sales order/contract the price charged for the vehicle and added charges to make the total bottom line.

Many dealers will give huge discounts up front only to add most of it back on in small misc charges, to get the customer thinking he made a big savings, when in fact he has not. Many prices and savings listed in the other thread, I call BS. Hopefully this thread may have some useful information in it.

I'm trying to get a realist fair deal and on the other hand I expect the dealer and salesman to make money too. Unrealistic savings stated, just tell me the buyer had be dazed, glazed and double dunked and really doesn't know how much he saved, if any.

Looking forward to seeing some accurate posts.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Limted CVT in SWP MSRP: $24,995

Option Package 8: $2000
-Navigation System
-Power Moon Roof

Additional:

-Auto Dim mirror/compass/homelink $284
-Cargo net rear seat back $58
Center tray $30
Rear bumper cover $92
Seat back protectors $62
Splash guard $147

Destination and Delivery fee $795

Total: $27,963.00

I got $500 off the total

I used the $500 I save to add the rear spoiler, hood deflector, moon roof deflector, and side window deflectors totalling $488 ( I installed it all myself... otherwise would have been over $1000)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Item Description MSRP Dealer Cost
2013 XV Crosstrek 2.0i limited CVT $24,495 $23178
SAtin White Pearl
Taupe
Option package 8 $2000 $1776
Navigation
GPS/LCD
XM Satellite Radio
NavTraffic, HD Radio
Power Moonroof
Splash Guard $147 $95
AutoDim/Comp/Homelink $284 $184
All Weather Mats $72 $46
Rear Bumper Cover $92 $59
Standard Destination Charge $795 $795

Total Vehicle Price Before Discount $27,885 $26,133

Price after Discount: $24,830

I added in Spoiler, Mesh Grill, Seat Back Covers, Hitch and Front Window Tint.

Total Cost after was Spoiler $369, Grill $245, Hitch $419, Window Tint $30 (seat back covers free) = $25,893

Taxes here are 6.25% (Texas), Doc Fees $198.25, Goverment Fees $52.75

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bdrex28 said:
Item Description MSRP Dealer Cost
2013 XV Crosstrek 2.0i limited CVT $24,495 $23178
SAtin White Pearl
Taupe
Option package 8 $2000 $1776
Navigation
GPS/LCD
XM Satellite Radio
NavTraffic, HD Radio
Power Moonroof
Splash Guard $147 $95
AutoDim/Comp/Homelink $284 $184
All Weather Mats $72 $46
Rear Bumper Cover $92 $59
Standard Destination Charge $795 $795

Total Vehicle Price Before Discount $27,885 $26,133

Price after Discount: $24,830

I added in Spoiler, Mesh Grill, Seat Back Covers, Hitch and Front Window Tint.

Total Cost after was Spoiler $369, Grill $245, Hitch $419, Window Tint $30 (seat back covers free) = $25,893

Taxes here are 6.25% (Texas), Doc Fees $198.25, Goverment Fees $52.75
Thanks to you both for the breakdown. This is meaningful info, exactly what I had in mind.

bdrx28, how did you manage to get over $3K off msrp and get a seat cover for free? Sounds like you stole it!

Here in Utah the Crosstreks and Subarus in general seem to fly off the shelves. We have 3 dealers in town and another 2-3 fairly close by. Seems that Subarus in general were made for Utah, lots of desert and serious off road destinations as well as snowy winters and lots of mountains. Drive in the mountains and any parking lot is about 50% full of Subarus. The "good deal" in Utah, may be that they have a vehicle in stock that will work for you.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Here's how mine worked. I Mountain Bike, in fact , I love going to Park City! The shop I get a lot of gear from is one I am in way too often. The owner and I have talked for some time about my interest in a new car, preferrably one I could put a hitch on for my bike etc. We had talked about the Crosstrek as well and about a month ago he traded in his BMW Z3 for a Crosstrek. He told me he went through Costco and their auto buying program and bought the limited with moonroof/nav for just over 25k.

I thought this was a great program so I too tried it and two dealers both gave me pricing. One of them didn't have the color I wanted and was going to do a dealer trade for it but wanted to charge me $200 transfer fee. The other dealer was the same pricing and transfer fee but was hitting me harder on the options such as the grill and spoiler.

A few days of haggling and I brought it up to a co-worker. Turns out one of the other Subaru dealers is a client of my company and he's their rep. So he gave me the GM's email and I emailed him with the pricing the other two dealers were offering me.

He gave me pricing and did not charge the $200 transfer and gave me fair pricing on the additions.

In the end everything has worked out quite well. I'm fortunate enough to have several Subaru dealers due to being in Dallas Ft Worth and lucky that one of them is our client. Being I was dealing with the GM, I am going to assume he didn't have to pay a commission on the car either as I never once dealt with a sales person, only the GM directly. I'm sure this may have contributed to the pricing.

However, all three dealers were quoting right around the 25k mark with the 2.0 limited with Nav so I'm going to assume this is pricing they can all do.

I'm sure they don't sell as fast as they would in Colorado, Utah, New Mexico, Idaho etc as those are all outdoor states with more of a need for all wheel drive and a higher sales line for a Subaru. That probably helps as well.

I can tell you this, getting Satin White was not easy and at the time of purchase only 1 existed with Nav within Oklahoma, Texas, Louisiana, Kansas and Missouri. All three dealers were trying to get me the same car. I can also say that every dealership had a plethora of Orange and that color would definitely get better pricing here due to the abundance of them. All three dealers said that color sold quick at first, but not at all since then. Most of the ones I saw on lots were the charcoal, silver, orange and a few black and red.

Sorry for the long reply, but I hope that helps you.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yup, makes perfect sense. I really appreciate the details and generally understand that with any hardly believable statement, there is a story. Thanks for sharing.

Enjoying the Crosstrek so far?

·
Registered
224 Posts
I do not have the exact breakdown with me atm.

I bought a 2013 Desert Khaki Premium CVT w/Navi package. It listed at 22,900.

The delivery was like 700. I put down 3,000. Add in about 1300 for the tax, title, etc., plus I purchased the 80k gold extended warranty ($900), and it came back to about where we started, 22,800+.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Bignick said:
Yup, makes perfect sense. I really appreciate the details and generally understand that with any hardly believable statement, there is a story. Thanks for sharing.

Enjoying the Crosstrek so far?
Very much so, got it last night and I've driven about 50 miles so far (daughter to volleyball and back from the dealership and then to work this morning).

Everythingseems very intuitive, seats are very comfortable. I really thought I'd miss power seats but it doesn't seem to be a problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Premium, CVT, moonroof, popular package #1, rear cargo net. Invoice about $23,900 and MSRP around $25,400. I negotiated based on an out-the-door price, so dealer's breakdown of costs was done after the fact and in whatever way worked best for them - it made no difference to me what they characterized as fees or what was car price.

Sell price:
$23,097.00
add:
$560.00 dealer fee
$190.00 doc fee
-------------------
$23,847 to dealer -- about invoice

$3.00 GA rights fee
$1,550.00 GA sales tax ( 6.5%)
--------------------
$1,553.00 to state

$25,400.00 Out the Door

(EDITED for clarity)

·
Registered
130 Posts
XV LIMITED $24,495.00
POP PACK #2 $ 657.00 (seat back protectors, auto dim mirror/compass/homelink, floor mats, rear bumper cover, splash guards)
DELIVERY $ 795.00

TOTAL MSRP $25,947.00

PAID $24,251.00

not a bdrex deal but Im happy

hope this helps

1 - 10 of 10 Posts