Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed my Proclip iphone mount in my XV (AKA "Tigger). Very simple to do. It's a solid mount on the vent. Doesn't restrict air flow. Good height, easy to reach and see. Looks like it came with the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
927 Posts
Cool Bob! I have a Bracketron in my jeep. Love it!

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

·
Registered
128 Posts
you should put a tigger sticker on the bracket so you see his face when your phone isnt in the holder

·
Registered
500 Posts
Would it be possible to see a better picture of how it's actually mounted to the vehicle?

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Looks good. I have used a couple of phone mounts in my past cars and have never really found one that I like. They all seem to be wobbly and/or just look plain bad. Sounds like this one is a solid choice, though.

·
Registered
421 Posts
In the summer it will keep the phone cool

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ikon said:
In the summer it will keep the phone cool
Yes, and that's no joke. iPhones - especially my iPhone 5 gets really hot when in continuous use - like streaming music or GPS. Having it on the vent really does keep it cool. And you really don't notice any air flow restriction.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ikon - that looks like a good sturdy mount - but it would drive me crazy on the left side - just used to it right/center.

·
Registered
37 Posts
prompterbob said:
Like all the Proclips I've bought it's a sturdy mount. Very secure. Looks like it came with the car.
I'm a big fan of proclip but have only ever used dash mounts. I'm not personally too fond of the only dash mount option for the Crosstrek because (a) it is way too far towards the center and I like mine as close as possible, (b) it will partially block the controls to cycle the upper-display windows on the hybrid model, and (c) it won't get cooled in the summer by the AC (that is a legit concern).
Picture:

Link: www.proclipusa.com/dashboard-mounts/vehicle/subaru/xv-crosstrek/2012-2016/proclip-center-mount-855061-18925.cmsv

In a perfect world I would want one that attaches to the console itself, for better stability, but is still close to the steering wheel and over a vent. For example, this is what I have on my '07 Cobalt and it is perfect...
Picture:

Link: www.proclipusa.com/dashboard-mounts/vehicle/chevrolet/cobalt/2005-2010/proclip-center-mount-853639-14361.cmsv

I'm a little skeptical about the strength and stability of the vent mounts, like yours, but it actually looks pretty secure. I have three questions for you:
[list type=decimal]
[li]Can you give a link or model number for your mount. I can't seem to find it on the Proclip website.[/li]
[li]What are your thoughts on it almost 2 years later? Is it still holding strong? [/li]
[li]Does it block your view of the upper dispaly at all? I have a Nexus 6 which is pretty large so that is a concern for me.[/li]
[/list]

Thanks in advance.

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread but since the console shape hasn't changed since the '13 models, I figure this is all still applicable.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the proclip installed on the vent too and it does block view to the dash display. It definitely annoys me on some days but I like the mount position.

-Scott

1 - 14 of 14 Posts