Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings!

I'm Dustin from Southern Illinois, first time Subaru owner! I've been in love with Subarus ever since I saw the WRX Rally car back in the mid-late 90s. I've always wanted a Subaru, and as of this past Saturday I'm the proud owner of a new 2013 XV Crosstrek! I've been a VW guy for a long time, and while I still love VWs, Subaru will be what I buy primarily from here on out. I'm absolutely in love with my Crosstrek. The quality of Subaru is just unmatched at their price point.

Anyway, below (or above?) is my new beauty. I look forward to sharing more and seeing everyone else's beautiful Crosstreks!

Attachments

·
Registered
714 Posts
Welcome! I'm sure you'll love your new wheels. I've owned an army of Subarus by now and loved every one of them!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey thanks!

I got the Limited. Black ext (obviously, you saw that :) ), ivory leather interior. Has just about everything except the moonroof and nav system. I've got the leather shifter, rear view mirror that has the homelink thing on it, all weather floor mats, and rear bumper cover... I think that's all the extras it came with.

But it's just awesome. Totally in love with the thing.

Also, not sure about upgrades yet. I haven't seen a whole lot of mods that I really liked particularly. But, I'm sure as time goes on I'll see some new upgrades that I'll just have to get! ;)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Welcome! I'm new to Subaru's as well, and I'm just as in love with mine. Have you gone anywere cool with your new toy yet?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey! Thanks, and welcome to you as well!

My wife and I are driving from our home in So. IL to Destin Florida in just a little less than three weeks. Pretty excited to make the drive in the new Subaru. Although, the interstate won't really challenge the car very much. :p Still, should make for a very pleasant drive.

We are fortunate enough to live close to a bunch of natural landmarks in the Shawnee Nation Forest, most of which have hilly, curvy roads that we'll get to test out the car a little more with. That will probably happen maybe one weekend before vacation, and if not, then definitely after vacation sometime.

What about you? Any adventures yet?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sounds like a fun drive. I love road trips. My wife and I are going up in the Tahoe National Forest in a couple weeks so I'll have some sweet photos then.So far though, I haven't gone anywhere worthy to mention. I'm really looking forward to future camping trips though. :)

·
Registered
603 Posts
Congratulations on your new XV Dustin, and welcome to CCT. Actually, its great to hear you have been stricken by the XV Cupid like the rest of us. You're in good company! :)

We'll look forward to pics as you add on to her.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey thanks, guys!

Definitely 110% in love with my black beauty ;). I can't wait to break the engine in so I can really test it out!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wingnut said:
Dustin...
Welcome....
Are You a Saluki?
I am not. My wife is, though! I was fortunate enough to land my career after junior college. Why? Know any Salukis around my parts?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wingnut said:
EIU Panther here. Partied in Carbondale lots....but well before your time however! :eek:
Haha, that seems to be a lot of people's experience with SIU--Partying. ;) I've certainly done my fair share in Carbondale. That's really cool though! Glad to know we've got that little bit of connection there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts