Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was reading the manual of our 2020 premium with auto stop/ start and the battery is spec'd as a q85. I google the internet and find no battery like that for sale and complaints from mazda owners on how expensive it is for them from the dealer $500.
I am guessing we will probably trade the car before it becomes a problem (4 years) but i am interested if anyone else has experience with this.

so far the 2020 is miles ahead of the 2016. We had a 16 hybrid so the 20 is noticeably lighter and quicker, but not nearly as good gas wise (28 vs 24 average so far) we are enjoying playing around with eyesight, letting it keep the car in the lane and using the adaptive cruise in city traffic.

just got tires also, couldn't stand the yok g91s so took them off and went with falken wildpeake at trail's going to try them for 30 days and depending might take them back for some General Altimax RT43
I would have gotten farther but the snow is all hard and scrapy on the bottom of the car since it has been melting the last couple of days.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The 2018 and 2019 models don't have the autostop so my 2019 is different that yours. If the sizing is the same it is a 35 series battery. Here is my replacement battery.
Switched to an Odyssey Battery.Model 35-PC1400T. More cold cranking amps and reserve capacity that Optima.
Pulse (5-second) Hot Cranking Amps (PHCA) 1400
Cold Cranking Amps (CCA) 850
20Hr Nominal Capacity (Ah) 65
Reserve Capacity Minutes 130

·
Registered
72 Posts
Please keep us updated on your experience with the Falkens. I have a 2013 with 44000 mi, thinking I will get the Falkens in a couple of months. I have read good things about them.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Please keep us updated on your experience with the Falkens. I have a 2013 with 44000 mi, thinking I will get the Falkens in a couple of months. I have read good things about them.
We'll see if I keep them pay 30 days, so far so good, but we'll see.

Where did you read anything on them? I couldn't find anything but what falken put on their website.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts