Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a new audio system in my XV, this past weekend. I put an amplifier and 2 crossovers under the drivers seat. Now as you know with use of the amp, it gets a little warm. There are 2 vents under each of the front seats. They blow air if you select air for your legs. (I have the premium model)

I think the warmest temperature the vents put out is 80 degrees(I could be wrong), so I duct taped these vents closed. You think this would be a bad thing?

Thanks.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Closing off those vents shouldn't cause you and problems in all reality. Jut means more air will come out the other vents/side depending on the setting chosen.

·
Registered
275 Posts
andthereyouare said:
I installed a new audio system in my XV, this past weekend. I put an amplifier and 2 crossovers under the drivers seat. Now as you know with use of the amp, it gets a little warm. There are 2 vents under each of the front seats. They blow air if you select air for your legs. (I have the premium model)

I think the warmest temperature the vents put out is 80 degrees(I could be wrong), so I duct taped these vents closed. You think this would be a bad thing?

Thanks.
where are the pics??? I really want to see your setup :)

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I installed:
Pioneer AVH-8500-BHS head unit
Alpine PDX-V9 amp(Which fits under the front seat)
Polk Audio DB6501 components in front and rear.

When the weather warms up fiberglassing as kicker compRT shallow sub.

Here's some pictures, more to come.

My old Premium radio:

My new Pioneer:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts