Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new member and in Canada ( not that it makes a difference ) and considering purchasing a 2023 Crosstrek. I heard from a dealer that the 2024 Crosstrek will have the 11" infotainment system. These are the same ones the Outbacks have had for a while . The problem that I have is there are lots of sites / info etc on the lawsuits against Subaru Outback in prior years for these same infotainment systems, blacking out, freezing etc . As a result, I'm looking into the 2023 Crosstrek, not the 2024 version. Does anybody have good info on the reliability of the " smaller " info systems in the 2022/2023 Crosstrek ? Or just comments ? Thanks for any input.

· Registered
2 Posts
I'm a new member and in Canada ( not that it makes a difference ) and considering purchasing a 2023 Crosstrek. I heard from a dealer that the 2024 Crosstrek will have the 11" infotainment system. These are the same ones the Outbacks have had for a while . The problem that I have is there are lots of sites / info etc on the lawsuits against Subaru Outback in prior years for these same infotainment systems, blacking out, freezing etc . As a result, I'm looking into the 2023 Crosstrek, not the 2024 version. Does anybody have good info on the reliability of the " smaller " info systems in the 2022/2023 Crosstrek ? Or just comments ? Thanks for any input.
I'm also a new member and in Canada. I have a 2019 Crosstrek and had the smaller infotainment system replaced under warranty. So far the new one is fine (6 months) Just so you know it was defective on the smaller screen also. Having said that, it is the only complaint I have with 60,000km

· Registered
2021 Ice Silver Crosstrek Sport
21 Posts
I have a US spec 2021 Sport with the STARTLINK 8" display and it has worked fine since September 2021 when I purchased the vehicle. Many of the early issues with STARLINK systems were corrected with software updates. There MIGHT be issues with apps like Android Auto connecting consistently, but I attribute these issues to the phone more than to the actual STARLINK HU (Head Unit). With so many flavors of phones and Android around, there will be times when things don't work as they should.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts