Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are three solution to problems I used on my XV. You may like them or have a better solution. If you have better solution to any of these tips please post. I or some other member may like you solution better these are not set in stone. Remember these solution were fairly cheap, easy and reversible.

Quick Cheap Tips

TIP 1: The USB location is a real pain to find and reach in the center console. Purchase and install a short male to female USB cable now plug your device into the cable. If you have an optional tray the USB cable can be place right in the tray and all devices can easily be connected and disconnected.

TIP 2: The center console has two slot behind the shifter if the deeper slot is to deep for you cell phone cut a piece of foam and place in the bottom of the slot. Now your cell phone will be higher and easer to remove.

TIP 3: Do not have a front license plate but holes in the bumper. The old pins that you removed when you installed the Seat Back Protector use these pins to fill in the holes. If you did not install a Seat Back Protector see if dealer will give you 2 pins or go to any auto parts store and pick some up. Do not like the Pins black paint them body color or be creative. (Note: Pins can be easily removed if you decide to use these hole at a later date.)

·
Registered
113 Posts
On tip 3 i recommend you just adding a front plate bracket sold by subaru for 25-30 bucks easy to install it uses the same holes and for those who live in states that dont require a front plate then get a nice plate that represents you like your favorite sports team or even an organization that your apart of its easy. FYI if you guys didnt know that square in the front bumper are for european plates or you can purchase the japanese front plate bracket that uses the squares ingeniusly to install it!!! If you want more info just ask!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts