Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited - ReadyLift lift kit
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, first post here. Recently bought a 2021 Crosstrek used, it has a 2 inch Ready Lift (best I can identify), no stock rims/tires, but has 15” Method rims and BF Goodrich All Terrain TA 215/75R15s. The car looks great and rides great, noisy as hell though on the highway from the tire noise.

One option would be a second set of rims/tires for daily highway use but I’d prefer to have a single wheel/tire setup that still looked good and are good for off-road but quieter on the highway.

Suggestions for alternative 15” tires that would work or maybe a 16/17” wheel tire combo that would still be good for off-road but quieter on the highway would be much appreciated.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm running Toyo's Open Country A/T III's.(215/75R/15) Personally, I don't find them noisy. I see your trek is a 21', which, i believe can accept a big diameter tire if you so choose.
View attachment 11391
Thanks, stuck between the Toyos and the Falken WildPeaks, the Falkens are a lot heavier but good reviews also. My BFG KO2's absolutely howl at highway speeds.
Yes, I think with the lift I could go with the 225 as opposed to the 215's on my car also but dont mind the look of the 215's to be honest.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the same setup, except I have the 2.5L. my lift kit is 1.5" LP adventure. I am also running the 15" method rims with BG Goodrich K02's. While they are noisier then the OEM tires I don't find them that loud on the highway. I used these rims and tires on both my current Crosstrek as well as my previous Crosstrek(2018), I constantly get people asking about my setup...and I love the look. Personally I have no issue with the amount of noise...perhaps it is just your configuration? Or this particular set of tire for some reason. Food for thought so to speak.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the same setup, except I have the 2.5L. my lift kit is 1.5" LP adventure. I am also running the 15" method rims with BG Goodrich K02's. While they are noisier then the OEM tires I don't find them that loud on the highway. I used these rims and tires on both my current Crosstrek as well as my previous Crosstrek(2018), I constantly get people asking about my setup...and I love the look. Personally I have no issue with the amount of noise...perhaps it is just your configuration? Or this particular set of tire for some reason. Food for thought so to speak.
Well, I switched out for the Toyo Open Country AT/III 215/75R15's they look and ride great. Only have 60 miles on them so far and have seen the benefits of the lighter tire on the gas mileage already, plus they "silent" in comparison to the KO2's. On the highway I had to have the radio volume at full to hear a podcast vs at half now, the KO2's howled. I have KO2's on my other car and they are great (Defender) and had them on my old Jeep also, both cases I think the big diameter obviously means less rotations for the same speed on the highway and I think that is why they better suit those bigger truck size applications. The KO2's on the Crosstrek under 30 mph were pretty quiet, that is at low rotations..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts