Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!
This is my very first Subaru ever, a Venetian Red 2013 XV 2.0i Limited named Dom:

Dom was purchased in Sacramento, CA in July, after the tragic shattered-oil-pan death of a 2008 Volvo S40 that was just a little too close to the ground...

For those unfamiliar, Quincy is a small town in the northern California Sierra Nevada Mountain range, population: just over 5,000. Though we live and work in town, it snows a good portion of the year (I look forward to not sliding all over the road).

During the week this is a commuter vehicle; five minutes to work, five minutes to lunch, five minutes back to work, five minutes home. On the weekends we become a long-distance family, constantly driving up the mountain, or out to Reno (1.5hrs), or out to Chico (1.5hrs), down to Tahoe (2.5hrs), up to Oregon (just for the fun of it), or down the the SF Bay Area to visit family (5hrs). Most of the time we take Chloe, our 4yo Border Collie, and sometimes when we go to the bay we take our two young cats (the all-weather mat in the cargo area very conveniently holds a litter box in place for these long-distance trips).

When we purchased an extended warranty the finance guy was openly doubtful that we would deviate from the "average yearly mileage" of 8-10 thousand miles. It's a good thing we knew better: three months later we already have 5,500 miles on our ODO, and with as much fun as we have driving this fantastic machine, I can't see that slowing any time soon.

250,000 miles club, here we come!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Welcome Shegolove!

That is a good looking XV, I like the red! I think you're going to like here on the forum.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Welcome! I got a red too. Red is not my first choice color, but back in November, XV's were hard to find. You take what the dealer has. Anyway, I don't regret it at all now. It is a color so rewarding when you wax it and the car looks all so shiny.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone!

XVEwing said:
Welcome! I got a red too. Red is not my first choice color, but back in November, XV's were hard to find. You take what the dealer has. Anyway, I don't regret it at all now. It is a color so rewarding when you wax it and the car looks all so shiny.
I know what you mean. I was really into the dark grey one, but as my wife pointed out that would've been "Just a car."
This one we find ourselves randomly enthused about. Even now sometimes I'll walk up to it going "MAN, that's a sexy looking car-beast!"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts