Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was really getting annoyed by the keyless entry beeping. So, the details to turn this off are in the manual. I'll document it here along with a couple other things I've discovered.

Toggle Keyless Beep
1. Sitting in the drivers seat with the door closed.
2. Press and hold the unlock button on the driver door armrest
3. Within 10 seconds, insert and remove the key from the ignition 6 times.
4. Release the unlock button, and open and close the driver door.
5. Turn signals will flash 3 times.
Success

Disable or Enable Gauge Sweep at Startup
1. car off and key out of the ignition.
2. Press the trip odometer button 3 times.
3. This will cycle from "trip A" to "Trip B", then to "1 on"
4. Press and hold the trip odometer button to cycle between "1 on" and "1 off"

Turn Back Up Camera On While Driving CM631UD Head Unit
This will toggle your backup camera on while parked, or driving forward. It is a diagnostic mode with some options to make changes. From this mode, by pressing the radio preset buttons, you can change the text on the screen from bottom to top. You can change the guide lines. You can turn the lines off, and the language from English to what looks like French. To do this...

1. Key on or ACC. Radio off
2. Press and hold preset button 6
3. Turn the tuning knob several times until the screen changes to the firmware Version Screen.
4. Press the tuning knob twice to enter camera mode
5. Exit by pressing the volume knob

Once in camera mode, you can change the crosshair position by pressing and holding the tuning knob briefly. You can then adjust the crosshairs position if you like.

Radio Loudness Off CM631UD Head Unit
Loudness increases the bass at lower volume levels. This is "on" by default. You can turn this off (maybe you listen to podcasts or audiobooks. Or maybe a sub or amps and want to disable it)

1. Key on, radio off
2. Press and hold preset 6.
3. Spin the tuning knob until the firmware screen comes up.
4. Repeat 2 and 3 above one more time.

This will get you there as well as some diagnostic screens. It seems the only way to exit (that I have found) is to turn the key off.

Well, that's it for now. If anyone has other tricks they want to share, post them!

·
Registered
820 Posts
Right on Abe. I appreciate the time you took to transcribe that from the OM as well as add some of your own useful tips. ;)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thanks for the info. I've gotten used to the beep but am reminded every now and then why it's annoying when I am in a parking lot. I hear the same beep from Toyotas.

As for the guage sweep during start up, does anyone know what this is for? My Ford Focus did this too, but none of my other cars in the past. Is there a reason why manufacturers did this? Re-calibration of the guages perhaps?

·
Registered
73 Posts
ClubCrosstrek said:
Great info, Abe! Does toggling the beep mean it won't make a sound when unlocking AND locking the car? I would like to get rid of the beep when unlocking, but I like to have it there when I lock it.
It will not beep initially when you unlock it, but if you press the lock button three times in succession it will beep to confirm the lock. Additionally, if you lock the car using the button on the driver's side door, it will beep once.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ClubCrosstrek said:
XVEwing said:
As for the guage sweep during start up, does anyone know what this is for? My Ford Focus did this too, but none of my other cars in the past. Is there a reason why manufacturers did this? Re-calibration of the guages perhaps?
I have no idea, but this is my first car that does it and I think it looks cool!
Gauge sweep just verifies everything is working.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi,

Thanks for the info on the NAV unit.

Is there also a 'through' feature like the base hu? I'd like to have my source as clean as possible before changing out my new upgraded kickers! :)

C

·
Registered
12 Posts
Abe said:
I was really getting annoyed by the keyless entry beeping. So, the details to turn this off are in the manual. I'll document it here along with a couple other things I've discovered.

Toggle Keyless Beep
1. Sitting in the drivers seat with the door closed.
2. Press and hold the unlock button on the driver door armrest
3. Within 10 seconds, insert and remove the key from the ignition 6 times.
4. Release the unlock button, and open and close the driver door.
5. Turn signals will flash 3 times.
Success
Worked for me! Thanks.
**Side Note: I did this in my garage with the window open. I unlocked the door (without key) by leaning in and unlocking and opened the door.
THIS WILL ACTIVATE THE ALARM MODE AND IT IS LOUD! I ran for the keys and deactivated the alarm. OUCH :eek:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts