Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I emailed Rally Armor to see if they had plans for Crosstrek flaps:

We are close to releasing a Crosstrek specific application and can certainly
contact you upon availability if you like?

Below is a link to an image of direct fitment flaps we will be releasing
mounted on the 2013 XV

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I'm going to order a set as soon as they are available.

·
Registered
229 Posts
We have been waiting for these flaps to be released as long as we have been awaiting the arrival of our XV. Sooner than later I am hoping so that we can get the sides covered and protected.

Thank you for posting a better picture than I got from their Facebook page.

Dan

·
Registered
927 Posts
OK.... What wheels are those!?!?! I WANT I WANT I WANT!!!

·
Registered
229 Posts
The wheels on the Rally Armor XV are from an 2009-11 Subaru Outback. A very nice metallic silver painted set. They are a 17x7 +48 Offset 5x100 unknown weight, we were lucky enough to find a boxed pull-off new set, the polished center caps, and the lug nuts on a recent vacation.

Now all that we will need is a location that would require a set of snow wheels.

Dan

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
The said:
The wheels on the Rally Armor XV are from an 2009-11 Subaru Outback. A very nice metallic silver painted set. They are a 17x7 +48 Offset 5x100 unknown weight, we were lucky enough to find a boxed pull-off new set, the polished center caps, and the lug nuts on a recent vacation.

Now all that we will need is a location that would require a set of snow wheels.

Dan
That's awesome. Go hit up the NC/TN mountains or something, I am sure you can stil find snow there.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Rally Armor does make a good product. However you can buy heavy sheets of urethane in different thicknesses and colors for pretty cheap. It's not hard to cut your own and you can design them exactly how you want size and shape wise. Mounting shouldn't be hard to figure out as you can just use the OEM mounts.

I made a very large set for a few dirt road events we did in my old Forester:
Disregard the crappy rotas, we DID NOT race dirt on those. That would have been a death wish.

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
RallyAmor mudflaps for the XV?!?! DO WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANT!!!1111111111

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
500 Posts
It's surprising how long even the simplest product takes to develop...

Getting hands on a vehicle (or whatever you're developing for) - and many of us know how long just this one step can take...
Take measurements etc.
Build prototype
Test prototype
Find flaws in prototype
Fix flaws
Build new prototype (if necessary. If so, go back to testing steps)
When a final prototype is finally reached, develop production means - molds or whatever
Finally go into production

I probably missed some steps - I'm not in the business - but it's always surprising/sobering to think about how much goes into a product

·
Registered
113 Posts
Forgive me if this may seem like a stupid question and I am aware of the lack of size with OEM mudflaps. But I guess my questions is why should I buy this product for my Subaru? Give me all the ups please!

·
Registered
714 Posts
The need for something like this would depend greatly on how and where you drive your car. You might not need them at all. But if you're planning on driving a lot of dirt these offer more protection for your paint than the OEM flaps. They are also very durable and of course some people simply buy them for the looks.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Everyone may want to keep their eyes on the RallyArmor.com website. I have called their store over the past two weeks and received the same answer that the XV mudflap release will be next week sometime, two different reps each time.

Well today I went to do my daily availability check and their links are currently unavailable. I am hope that means a Monday Memorial Day release to finally purchase their protection for our XVs.

Let's hope that my assumption turns into fruition.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
The said:
Everyone may want to keep their eyes on the RallyArmor.com website. I have called their store over the past two weeks and received the same answer that the XV mudflap release will be next week sometime, two different reps each time.

Well today I went to do my daily availability check and their links are currently unavailable. I am hope that means a Monday Memorial Day release to finally purchase their protection for our XVs.

Let's hope that my assumption turns into fruition.
Just checked again and under Subaru XV Crosstrek it just says "This product is currently in production and is scheduled to be released shortly." This is good news, at least!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Good Day Clubcrosstrek Members,

We are now cleared to order our Team R/A Mudflaps of superior protection for our XVs. Now I must wait with you.

Dan

·
Registered
229 Posts
We received the replacement USPS missing brackets yesterday from R/A and took the time to install them last night. Mind you I worked a 14 hours shift, so there was no way that I was documenting anything, sorry all.

I have included a few post install images. If you have purchased them, or are considering the purchase, please feel free to message me any questions that you might have. The R/A instructions are very straight forward. I was able to do the install without removing the front lower side molding cladding. It probably took longer because of my choice, but the body clips were not letting go.

I had to do some tweaking with the front flaps to get them to sit just to my OCD liking. I did add a thin spacer to the middle and lower screws on the lateral outside edge of the front flaps.

I am currently battling a molding error on our rear bumper that is preventing the passenger rear bracket flap from completely sitting flush and tightening down. After three failed attempts and the 0100 hour turning over this morning, I gave up, with a 0700 work start time I was just plain old exhausted. It is on but again not as solid as the driver side nor totally secure enough for my complete liking.

I also took the time to put a single layer of rubberized underbody coating on the brackets, TAPE OFF THE THREADED WELDED BOLTS, to blend them with the underbody of the XV before I mounted everything. I looks good, it was still pliable when I installed them, so there are a few runs.

I had to wash out a few of the pictures to make the flaps visible. Enjoy the pictures.

Dan

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts