Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks. Just bought a 2021 Subaru Crosstrek Limited back March 24th. I currently have 7000 miles. I have notice a flutter noise coming from somewhere in center console....i believe. Diagnosed and only hear it with blower on full blast and making sharp left turns or starting from a stop. Doesnt happen when outside vent is shut(recirc). Currently Subaru of Concord, NC has the vehicle. They have had it for 2 weeks. They put foam around vent tubing. Still hear noise. Service manager Mason rode with me and heard it and said its seems to be coming from console???? I get a call 2 days later Saturday 8/21. They said tech cant duplicate problem.......ughhhhh. Any ideas. It sounds like a flutter or someone sipping thru a straw with an almost empty cup. Help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2018 that came up with a similar issue after one year and was traced to the fan in the console which seems to be a typical problem per threads in other groups. One person had the dealer replace the fan and ended up with same issue. I may dig into the console myself at some point and see if I can fix it but my issue only happens on low fan speed so trying to live with it in the interim.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 2018 that came up with a similar issue after one year and was traced to the fan in the console which seems to be a typical problem per threads in other groups. One person had the dealer replace the fan and ended up with same issue. I may dig into the console myself at some point and see if I can fix it but my issue only happens on low fan speed so trying to live with it in the interim.
Hi. I’m from the Charlotte area too. I had a vibration issue in my new 2020. I purchased the car from Williams in Charlotte. They had the car 6 different times for a total of 36 days. They still couldn’t fix the vibration. I took it to Randy Marion and the found the problem and fixed the problem in two hours. It wasn’t the same problem as yours, but I suggest you try them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for reply......there is a fan in the center console? The tech rode with me.....he heard it. We tested on a small incline in back of dealer. Started from a stop, gave it gas and duplicated noise. Blower up all the way.....noise is coming from center console. They still have car.
Hi. I’m from the Charlotte area too. I had a vibration issue in my new 2020. I purchased the car from Williams in Charlotte. They had the car 6 different times for a total of 36 days. They still couldn’t fix the vibration. I took it to Randy Marion and the found the problem and fixed the problem in two hours. It wasn’t the same problem as yours, but I suggest you try them.
Vibration?
Are you referring to blower behind glove compartment? Didn't know there was a fan in the center console

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Going on week 3. Ironically I'm upgrading to the Forester touring......so maybe that's why they aren't fixing it. ..I've had the loaner for 3 weeks

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts