Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks.

I've been lurking here for a few months prior to my wife and I purchasing a 2021 silver Crosstrek Sport.

A little background. My wife and I are avid Subaru fans. One of the first cars I owned back in the 1990s was a chocolate brown Subaru GL with the switchable AWD and FWD. Car was wicked reliable, but had zero power as you had to do multiple downshifts any time you came to any hill of size.

Fast forward a bit . . . owned a string of used and new cars. My wife was looking for a replacement vehicle and ended up buying a used 2003 Subaru Legacy Outback sedan. That car was a tank . . . heavy and was not very good on gas, but the size, ride height and ability to go through pretty much any weather made this car one of my wife's most loved vehicles. Alas . . . we had the dreaded head gasket issue and after unsuccessfully trying to have it fixed sold it.

My wife's next car was a 2015 Legacy. We had tested the first generation of the Crosstrek, but the steering seemed a bit numb and it didn't handle as nicely. That said, for the next few years she had a bit of buyer's remorse as she liked the smaller size, ride height and cargo carrying ability of the Crosstrek.

All good things come to those who wait though and this past year with the price of used cars through the roof we decided to see what we could sell the Legacy for . . . and conversely what price we would get if we ordered a Crosstrek. Ended up selling the Legacy for a decent price and ordered the Crosstrek Sport at the one dealer who was willing to still price things aggressively . . . just meant a 8-12 week wait (one thing I liked about this dealership was they also said up front it would be 8-12 weeks and not 8 weeks like the other dealerships promised -- in the end it was 11 weeks from the day we ordered until we picked up the car.)

In any case I have to admit I like my wife's Crosstrek as much as I like driving my 2015 WRX -- just a little bit different of a ride. Subaru has also made some nice improvements to the Crosstrek from when we test drove the Premium model back in 2015.

Unlike most of our other cars I ordered a few after-market add-ons while waiting for the Crosstrek to be delivered: bumper protector off Amazon (one I saw recommended on this site), "used" RoxBlokz black mud flaps on e-bay, Weather Tech floor matts, sill guard tape (black textured) and one of my favorite additions -- the Auto Stop Eliminator.

And so that brings me up today . . . and my question.

How do you change the clock?

For the record I've looked at the owner's manual and looked at several You Tube videos. Oddly enough though after scrolling through Home -- Vehicle -- Settings all of the videos I have seen show a screen that looks like this:

Product Font Screenshot Software Technology

It shows the mode followed by the hours and minutes. However, my screen just comes up with the Mode and only allows me to switch between Automatic and Manual. It does not show this screen where one can adjust the time manually.

Am I losing my mind? Am I missing something? Has the tech finally reached the point where I may just have to leave the clock in Daylight Savings time?

I thought about clicking on Automatic . . . but our phone never paired correctly with the head unit (which is no big deal since my wife and I pretty much only use the phone for emergencies.)

·
Registered
2021 Ice Silver Crosstrek Sport
6 Posts
What was the BT pairing error? The pairing procedure is pretty straight forward.

If you select "Manual", you adjust the clock by using the "-" & "+" buttons on the right side of the of the multi-info pod on top of the dashboard. There is no on-screen input method. Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What was the BT pairing error? The pairing procedure is pretty straight forward.

If you select "Manual", you adjust the clock by using the "-" & "+" buttons on the right side of the of the multi-info pod on top of the dashboard. There is no on-screen input method. Good luck.
I don't remember what the error was in the pairing . . . only that the salesman tried to use my wife's Motorola to do so and he could not get it to pair.

Hmm . . . I didn't notice any buttons on the multi-pod. I'll take a closer look. Thank you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts