Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The orange gets a lot of looks in traffic and I seem to have the only one around for the time being. Here are a few highlights:

1. Waiting for my girlfriend at work and two guys walk by, do a double take, then proceed to circle around the car checking out ever detail..while I'm sitting in it. They motioned for me to roll down the window and asked for a full tour. Turns out one of them is buying one.

2. A rather, um flamboyant, Starbucks drive through window guy screamed "OH! MY! GOOD! LOVE THE SUBARU!" at the top of his lungs. He also sent me off with "have a nice day babe" to my girlfriend's amusement.

3. Went out to the parking garage at work and found the attendant just standing there staring at it. I said "hi" as I walked up and he just mumbled something about "man, that orange is sweet" without breaking his trance.

4. Waiting for my girlfriend at the store (I wait for her a lot it seems) and George Michael's twin got out of his car tossed one of several scarves over his shoulder (it was 65 degrees outside) and did another "OMG ORANGE!" meltdown. He then proceeded to hit on me.

It seems that the Crosstrek is opening up several new lifestyle options for me, none of which involve the outdoors, travel, or hiking. It's actually kind of amusing - especially to my girlfriend. I just told her to be nice to me since I now apparently have more options. :eek:

·
Registered
164 Posts
When she saw my actual car at the dealership, my wife said "hey, it's not as boring as I thought it would be in black, looks rather good in person"
To put that comment in perspective, I first saw the XV when we went to check out the BRZ, which is my wife's dream car...

·
Registered
927 Posts
I get the 'deer in the headlight' stares from people on drive-bys

I get the rubber-neckin drivers at the light next to me....

I do think its strange that they can't keep them in stock, yet I have only seen mine and one other on the road in the last 2 weeks.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
I get looks a lot, especially at the wheels.

Just yesterday the secretary at my work gave me a good 5 minute praise about how he doesn't usually like Subarus but mine looks good, has space, and looks like it can "get places". Once I told him the gas mileage he was doubly impressed.

- Sent from my RAZR M using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
714 Posts
I've had a few people stare etc. The best so far was the guy who jumped out in front of me in a parking lot, stuck his hands out and made me stop then proceeded to ask about a million questions about the car. Best part is, saw the same guy at work a few days later in to the dealer to test drive one!

·
Registered
820 Posts
George Michaels twin!!! Lmao brother! Welcome aboard. That was damn funny.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Lots of comments on the color. Folks either love or hate the orange. I'm starting to see more Crosstreks on the road in the last month or two. I recognize them because I drive one myself, but the styling doesn't seem to leap out at you. If not for the color (and the several running stickers and magnets on the back), I don't think I would get a second look.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I had a lady today ask me as I was walking in somewhere what my car was! I told her & of course she hadn't heard of it but she loved it :D

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Another guy stopped me in my parking garage today and said he and his wife really like the Crosstrek. Apparently they just bought a new GTI and he said they always try to park near me. They figure the guy with the new Subaru won't ding their doors - and they're correct.

·
Registered
53 Posts
CrossTrekFan said:
The orange gets a lot of looks in traffic and I seem to have the only one around for the time being. Here are a few highlights:

1. Waiting for my girlfriend at work and two guys walk by, do a double take, then proceed to circle around the car checking out ever detail..while I'm sitting in it. They motioned for me to roll down the window and asked for a full tour. Turns out one of them is buying one.

2. A rather, um flamboyant, Starbucks drive through window guy screamed "OH! MY! GOOD! LOVE THE SUBARU!" at the top of his lungs. He also sent me off with "have a nice day babe" to my girlfriend's amusement.

3. Went out to the parking garage at work and found the attendant just standing there staring at it. I said "hi" as I walked up and he just mumbled something about "man, that orange is sweet" without breaking his trance.

4. Waiting for my girlfriend at the store (I wait for her a lot it seems) and George Michael's twin got out of his car tossed one of several scarves over his shoulder (it was 65 degrees outside) and did another "OMG ORANGE!" meltdown. He then proceeded to hit on me.

It seems that the Crosstrek is opening up several new lifestyle options for me, none of which involve the outdoors, travel, or hiking. It's actually kind of amusing - especially to my girlfriend. I just told her to be nice to me since I now apparently have more options. :eek:
Hanging out around Montrose too much? ;)

I've only seen 1 in Houston so far, up in the Woodlands & Conroe, same silver one. Still need to go drive one!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ha. I don't get outside the loop much and when I do it's usually to go hiking. So yeah I guess I'm in for more interesting reactions ::)

·
Registered
53 Posts
CrossTrekFan said:
Ha. I don't get outside the loop much and when I do it's usually to go hiking. So yeah I guess I'm in for more interesting reactions ::)
Just a few. I'm up in Spring & work in Conroe. Not too many Subarus of any type up here. I see the same 4 regularly, a ~07 Forester, 2 bug-eye WRXs & 1 XV. That's about it up here.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
HoustonXV said:
Just a few. I'm up in Spring & work in Conroe. Not too many Subarus of any type up here. I see the same 4 regularly, a ~07 Forester, 2 bug-eye WRXs & 1 XV. That's about it up here.
My guess is most of the Subarus in Houston are inside the loop and in the Alief area. Still, they're not exactly common either way. I think the Crosstrek may make a dent thought before all is said and done.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I get a lot of looks at stop lights and on the highway, they stare in that "what the hell is that" look mostly from other Subaru owners or "similar" cars. I've only had a few people ask me about it, 2 people at work and 1 at the grocery store one day.

I've seen more and more in the last few weeks since the dealerships here in Utah got their big shipments in. The only color I haven't seen driving yet is the blue and red, they don't seem to be super popular.

It's expected in one of the Subaru capitals of the US (Salt Lake City) I'm sure I will keep seeing more and more. Dealerships can't keep them in stock!

·
Registered
714 Posts
Saw my first blue one on the lot at work today. It does look pretty nice!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Last night I drove up to the Costco car wash and the young Japanese guy attending asked if the wheels came stock. When I said yes he asked if it was an Outback. I said no, it's a new model based on the Impreza. He immediately said it's a lot higher and that he likes a lot. Nice encounter...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts