1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
2,941 Posts
I tried searching myself and was horrified to find out the ones from a Subaru parts department have a listed MSRP of about $95!

I also tried scouring RockAuto for them, but found nothing, strangely enough.

·
Registered
15 Posts
$70 honestly doesn't seem that bad. Or I guess you can pay the $66 on that website to save $4 even though you'll probably spend double that on the shipping. Oh plus sales tax if you have it.

So basically it comes down to: do you want to pay for shipping or do you want to make your dealer pay for shipping?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It’s twice what the struts at Autozone cost, which I put in my Xterra, a much larger suv. Those were $35 a piece. It’s a big price difference! But autozone doesn’t have any for the crosstrek yet. Too new I guess?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,941 Posts
The real question is: what are you doing to have to replace the lift cylinders on all of your cars?
Actually using the cargo area quite often? I open and close my cargo hatch quite often and I too need replacement of mine after 5 years of use.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah lol getting groceries out and my two year old’s stroller? Lol idk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
The real question is: what are you doing to have to replace the lift cylinders on all of your cars?

Better question is why the struts don't last very long under "normal use". I would consider someone who has to open the hatch a couple times a day running around town to be "normal use" levels. Struts should last more than a couple of years doing that. They do in other brands.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts